Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Need QF FF Card for OW lounge access or just boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need QF FF Card for OW lounge access or just boarding pass?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:50 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by qantas_flyer
. However the inflection in the female lounge attendant's voice gave rise that there would be problems if I could not show it.
Nup - its just a power play thing. They'll take delight in stopping the Antipodean riff-raff from messing up their proper lounges

But seriously, I have been asked to show my card when accessing the BA LHR T5 Flounge even though my BA BP clearly showed status. I'll check this again in a few days time.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
My experience is great variation and a certain arbitrary nature. Back in the days of anytime access for platinum - after showing attendant two platinum cards which covered the number of guests we had - he went the next step of asking one of us for ID to show that that person was actually the person named on the platinum card. It was the first year that person had been platinum and I did my best to pretend it was normal.

They fixed this issue by getting rid of anytime access.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Accessed BA LHR F lounge as a QF WP on a BA J flight without needing to show my FF card. QF Number and status showing on BP.

However at DFW terminal D lounge, the (somewhat condescending) desk person insisted insisted on seeing my QF FF card to gain access even though my AA BP showed QF FF number and status (for a domestic AA flight in F cabin).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.