Wiki Posts
Search

Exit Row for OWS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Exit Row for OWS

Hi all,

I'm an OWS currently struggling between CX or QF on SYD-HKG. I know on CX you get to choose exit row for free if you're an OWS at time of booking for free, whereas if I fly QF they only allow P1 to do so. I'm just wondering at what point would QF allow you to choose an exit row for free if you're an OWS? And in general what's the difference between the recognition of both? I'd lose out quite a bit of mileage if I fly on CX (75% to be exact if credited to AS), just want to know if it is worth it if the fare is similar.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: QFF WP
They won't let you select it for free at all. Even if you turned up at the airport, they would still charge.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Redwoodw
I'm an OWS currently struggling between CX or QF on SYD-HKG. I know on CX you get to choose exit row for free if you're an OWS at time of booking for free, whereas if I fly QF they only allow P1 to do so. I'm just wondering at what point would QF allow you to choose an exit row for free if you're an OWS? And in general what's the difference between the recognition of both? I'd lose out quite a bit of mileage if I fly on CX (75% to be exact if credited to AS), just want to know if it is worth it if the fare is similar.
Are you Oneworld sapphire with QF or CX or ??
Crediting CX flights to AS or ??
Crediting QF flights to AS or ??
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Are you Oneworld sapphire with QF or CX or ??
Crediting CX flights to AS or ??
Crediting QF flights to AS or ??
I'm OWS with AB. I'm crediting QF to AS for sure as the earn rate is best, am looking at other options for CX, though the earn rate are more or less the same, so AS since I've got a sizable balance there.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would check seating availability before booking

If CX has exit row availability, then book it and get the exit row for no charge otherwise if QF has exit row availility then book that as long as happy to pay for it

If not happy to pay for exit row, then just go on CX
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input from everyone. What's the general idea of OWS recognition on CX and QF?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Redwoodw
Thanks for the input from everyone. What's the general idea of OWS recognition on CX and QF?
As a OWS (AA Platinum)
- I have been upgraded to business a number of times on CX regional flights (HKG-SIN, SIN-BKK and BKK-BOM)
- I have never been upgraded on QF
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:01 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Opups are 10x more likely on CX than QF, its their business model and FF mix. The QF J lounge in HKG is nicer than the CX J lounge, fwiw, and for Y not much difference but QF may be a bit better. Also CX has had record losses this year so cutting back on costs which will affect the ambiance. As for recognition, it varies by route but if flying HKG-SYD on QF then half the plane will be higher status than OWS so don't expect too much. Even OWE might have dozens of pax with higher status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.