Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas PER-LHR schedule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, AMEX plat
Qantas PER-LHR schedule

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when the Qantas PER-LHR schedule might be loaded? I am quite keen to take this flight due to the non-stop between LHR and PER. Does anyone know? I'm quite curious to see the prices too. Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Unaware of anything - but I expect QF will let everyone know as soon as they have it sorted. Their spam emails will probably be the first thing to be hit with the info. And if you're after award seats then there's every chance that they will do what they did when the first 380 flew SYD-LAX-SYD and restrict awards only to the less popular times / aircraft.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Next month according to this:
https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-pert...ale-next-month
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: QFF
The flights don't start until March next year, so won't be loaded until some time next month at the earliest.

All that is known about the schedule at this stage is that it needs to fit in with the known times for the MEL-LAX 787 flights starting in Dec, an expected 17 hour flight time, and the curfew/QF slot times at LHR.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by Himeno
The flights don't start until March next year, so won't be loaded until some time next month at the earliest.

All that is known about the schedule at this stage is that it needs to fit in with the known times for the MEL-LAX 787 flights starting in Dec, an expected 17 hour flight time, and the curfew/QF slot times at LHR.
Qantas have confirmed tickets will be on sale April 2017.

You can't sell tickets without a schedule. (Can you?)
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by ButFli
Qantas have confirmed tickets will be on sale April 2017.

You can't sell tickets without a schedule. (Can you?)
You would be surprised...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:52 am

Expect an evening departure from Perth (around 7:30pm give or take) with an early morning arrival into LHR (around 6am give or take).
Expect an early afternoon departure from LHR and mid-late morning arrival into Perth.
There will be 4 aircraft that will operate an LHR-PER-MEL-LAX circuit.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Originally Posted by screech
...There will be 4 aircraft that will operate an LHR-PER-MEL-LAX circuit.
Still wondering if QF will later add LAX-JFK-LHR legs for a RTW flight. That would make it interesting.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by grov
Still wondering if QF will later add LAX-JFK-LHR legs for a RTW flight. That would make it interesting.
That would make it interesting indeed... But, I think, that will never ever happen...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:22 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grov
It wouldn't be the first time they have flown across the Atlantic. IIRC with the 707s one route was across the USA then to LHR and the other was via Mexico, Nassau and Bermuda to LHR.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by vbroucek
That would make it interesting indeed... But, I think, that will never ever happen...
Well - never, ever happen again

Back in the 1970s QF flew SYD-LHR via the Pacific and Atlantic
IIRC, one route I looked at was something like:I believe it was known as the junket special and was a favourite of pollies and senior public servants

Edited to add: I see og beat me to it!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:37 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pandaperth
I believe it was known as the junket special and was a favourite of pollies and senior public servants

Edited to add: I see og beat me to it!
IIRC the Fiesta Route flight went SYD-NAN-PPT-ACA-MEX and so on. A true bonanza for the stop over opportunities.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:04 am

And again, I don't think it will ever happen again in my lifetime...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by AMBurns1512
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when the Qantas PER-LHR schedule might be loaded? I am quite keen to take this flight due to the non-stop between LHR and PER. Does anyone know? I'm quite curious to see the prices too. Thanks.
This week.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by djsflynn
This week.
And something to keep the pot warm until then. http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7697921.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.