Search

Qantas. How Did You Mess This Up?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:45 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
There is also the air operations issue of what was on the aircraft load manifest which impacts weight and center of gravity.
Yes. One less can should have made the alarm bells ring. But then again, schedule may have been more important than safety.. (just speculating - and hopefully incorrect).
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by DaveyS
That 30 minutes was less than fun, especially as someone else had the identical suitcase to me so every time it came around my heart lifted for a few seconds, only to be crushed once again.

Not heard anything today re: my bag, although i was promised (and i use that word very loosely) that it was on the next flight out and it would be with me this afternoon. I have a meeting at 11am tomorrow morning and nothing to wear, looks like i'm going shopping tomorrow morning...
Enjoy your shopping, but beware - some airlines pay only 50% or demand that you return the goods to them
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by og
Yes. One less can should have made the alarm bells ring. But then again, schedule may have been more important than safety.. (just speculating - and hopefully incorrect).
Not sure if they use containers on SYD-AKL... And even if they were, I am sure that not the whole container was going LHR-AKL... There would be reloading at SYD...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:44 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Not sure if they use containers on SYD-AKL... And even if they were, I am sure that not the whole container was going LHR-AKL... There would be reloading at SYD...
My remark about containers obviously related to ex DXB flight(s)
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by shillard
Put a message about it on the QF Facebook page.

"Alan Joyce, why u do dis?"
Lol
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:10 am

Jet Connect uses 738s so all bulk load in the belly.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

...del

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jan 30, 2017 at 12:49 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Enjoy your shopping, but beware - some airlines pay only 50% or demand that you return the goods to them
The joy that is work travel insurance will be covering this, so all should be well
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:19 pm

And bag was delivered today (at about 5pm local time)
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:36 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
However that seems to be 6 hours after your needed (some of) the clothes in your bag for your meeting.... Hope you found something...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by QF WP
However that seems to be 6 hours after your needed (some of) the clothes in your bag for your meeting.... Hope you found something...
well quite, but after raiding Queen's Street I managed to turn up suitably attired
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
After a week+... the standard cut and paste response from QF.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your disappointing experience with regards to your delayed baggage, and the way it was handled.

I was concerned when I read that we that you and your fellow travellers with the same connection, were left to stand at the carousel in Auckland airport without being informed about your delayed baggage. This is not the Qantas premium service that our customers expect from us and I am sorry that we let you down.

I am sorry that your baggage did not travel with you on your flight to cause this issue. It can be very frustrating when baggage is lost and we do try to get it back to our customers as quickly as possible.

I do hope that your return flights are seamless.

Thank you for your time and efforts and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:42 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
After a week+... the standard cut and paste response from QF.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your disappointing experience with regards to your delayed baggage, and the way it was handled.

I was concerned when I read that we that you and your fellow travellers with the same connection, were left to stand at the carousel in Auckland airport without being informed about your delayed baggage. This is not the Qantas premium service that our customers expect from us and I am sorry that we let you down.

I am sorry that your baggage did not travel with you on your flight to cause this issue. It can be very frustrating when baggage is lost and we do try to get it back to our customers as quickly as possible.

I do hope that your return flights are seamless.

Thank you for your time and efforts and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Pathetic. Not even an offer of FF points or a credit voucher?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
It is sad but expected. As many have noted, vote with your business which is why I have switched to Emirates for my next trip.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Switching to Emirates hardly seems like something that will bother Qantas in the slightest. Move to a competing carrier if wanting to try and do something

Did the airline reimburse costs incurred with the baggage delay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.