Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Membership year early reset possible?

Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF GO

Hi guys,

My membership ends on 30 April but I have a trip to Milan before my new membership year starts. I am wanting to credit status credits towards my next membership year and therefore am wondering whether QF allows early reset on membership anniversary.

I currently have 600 status credits and my trip to Milan would yield 720 points.

Thanks heaps for all your input!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kleenlex
My membership ends on 30 April but I have a trip to Milan before my new membership year starts. I am wanting to credit status credits towards my next membership year and therefore am wondering whether QF allows early reset on membership anniversary.
No
Nor does QF allow you to extend your membership year.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No
Nor does QF allow you to extend your membership year.
With the possible exception of the "parental pause"! A bit extreme, though, having a baby just to manipulate your QF membership!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
in qantas can you remove ffp number from PNR and claim after the new memberahip year and use points toward new year?

I ask because for case of requalification where flight is taken close to end of membership year and postingvof flight is delayed, they credit the SC to membership year it was taken not when it is posted.

on same principle if you retroclaim after new year starts, i wonder if SC gets credited to old previous membership year and become irrelavent.

over at cathay pathetic forum, this is usual trick to carry over TP (equivalent of sc) to next year by removing FFp details at boarding gate

editted to clarify SC as opposed to TP
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by fakecd
in qantas can you remove ffp number from PNR and claim after the new memberahip year and use points toward new year?

I ask because for case of requalification where flight is taken close to end of membership year and postingvof flight is delayed, they credit the SC to membership year it was taken not when it is posted.

on same principle if you retroclaim after new year starts, i wonder if SC gets credited to old previous membership year and become irrelavent.

over at cathay pathetic forum, this is usual trick to carry over TP (equivalent of sc) to next year by removing FFp details at boarding gate

editted to clarify SC as opposed to TP
Same trick doesn't work for QF. You'll get the miles added but your SC won't contribute to the current year if they were earnt in the previous year.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fakecd
In Qantas can you remove ffp number from PNR and claim after the new membership year and use points toward new year?
No. If you retro claim the date of the flight will be used for QF points & SC accumulation.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
thanks SXC & Mwenenzi for clarification.

no loopholes for proper civilized airlines it seems.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Only way I can think of it is start a new membership. Transfer the points?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by flyyvr
A family transfer to yourself (?) at the same address (?) with the same name (to match your Passport) may be problematic - especially if QF sniffs something inconsistent with the rules.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by og
A family transfer to yourself (?) at the same address (?) with the same name (to match your Passport) may be problematic - especially if QF sniffs something inconsistent with the rules.
So transfer to a relative and then have the relative transfer back to you at your new account.

A1 --> B --> A2
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by eminere
So transfer to a relative and then have the relative transfer back to you at your new account.

A1 --> B --> A2
Not if the QF membership system looks back <12 months into past memberships for data matching.

If the OP is seeking LTS or LTG then the SC clock will re-set with the new membership.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyyvr
I think the main issue is the status credits? I don't think you can transfer status credits between members. Only the redeemable miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.