Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Points required for upgrade increasing 2017?

Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:17 am
Original Poster

I noticed when making a points upgrade request that there is an increase in 2017. EG, Sydney-Bangkok currently requires 40,000 economy to business o/w.
The system generates a note saying that any flights after February this will be 50,000..IE, a 25% increase.
Maybe a sign that redemption levels for award flights will increase?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
https://www.ausbt.com.au/are-busines...comments-13145

Definite changes with interesting analysis from ausbt
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: QF Silver
Does this also count for flights that have been booked for after Feb, but purchased and upgrade requested earlier?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe that this will apply when the upgrade is processed after the price increase
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by mflyer100
Does this also count for flights that have been booked for after Feb, but purchased and upgrade requested earlier?
I have a booking for April purchased and upgrade requested (@ 48K points) before the increase was announced.

It is still showing on Qantas.com/yourbooking as requested at a cost of that 48K, while the newer cost would have been 60K.

If the upgrade is granted, I expect it to still cost 48K.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 8, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by mflyer100
Originally Posted by serfty
That depends on when you requested the upgrade and when it is confirmed:

- For Classic Upgrade Rewards requested prior to 16 November 2016 the Qantas Points required will not change regardless of the upgrade confirmation date.
- For Classic Upgrade Rewards requested after 16 November 2016 and confirmed before 20 February 2017 the Qantas Points required will not change.
- For Classic Upgrade Rewards requested after 16 November 2016 and confirmed after 20 February 2017 the new Qantas Points levels will apply.
source
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by serfty
I have a booking for April purchased and upgrade requested (@ 48K points) before the increase.

It is still showing on Qantas.com/yourbooking as requested at a cost of that 48K, while the newer cost would have been 60K.

When I requested an upgrade on a booking made early this year for travel April 2017, the webpage stated the cost will be based on the date the upgrade clears (if it clears). Hence, I expect for my upgrade the new cost to apply not the old one.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 8, 2017 at 12:10 am Reason: clarify
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The FAQ's say different (as per post #6).

My booking was made and the upgrade requested before 16th November.

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...s-jetstar#FAQs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.