Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas points on Qatar in business class.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR gold, GA gold, KL sliver

Hi! Just booked QR Adl DOH LHR DUB return in Business class ( I )
Have added my QF FF , is the earn rate still only 75% or has that changed? Would I be better off signing up to QR privilege or Ba Avios? ( have Irish address to sign up to BA) Only bronze with Qantas, partner is gold, was planning on transferring earned miles to their QF account but by the sound of things points will be miserable. First time on QR so if we are happy with them they will become airline choice to Europe.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would suggest crediting to AA. It will earn 100% miles there and redemption rates are still resonably decent. ( 170,000 miles for business r/t to Europe ( with no surcharges if avoiding BA) vs 256.000 QF points plus surcharges to pay). Also, from 1 Jan 2017, it will no longer be necessary to fly on any AA flights in order to attain status

This trip on its own (assuming it is not this month) will get you AA Gold status
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR gold, GA gold, KL sliver
It's this week on way to Europe. Return early Jan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.