Wiki Posts
Search

QF 12 lax - syd

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

QF 12 lax - syd

Hello:
We had a flight change and we were put on QF12. 11 of business seats in the mini business cabin are blocked out on expert flyer for 4/7/17. We would like to get seats on row 12. How long do they typically block seats? This is our first flight on Qantas.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:33 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
mini cabin typically is full with QFF elites on QF12 so your chances are maybe 1%. But there really isn't that much difference in seat desirability, though some think otherwise.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Dthorne1918
How long do they typically block seats?
You can try checking the seat map again at ~T-80.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Do any of you guys have a business class seat preference on the upper deck? We've got 17a & 17b. I prefer a window seat. Do they begin service at row 11 working back?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:24 pm
Original Member

you can preselect meal choice. Service does begin row 11 though they often skip around to serve certain elites and special meals. Remember that the QF lounges serve quite good meals so I've never been hungry when boarding and don't pick my seat based on how soon the food comes.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Qf12 lax -syd

Does Qantas offer in flight wifi for fee for international flights on the A380? If so how much and how is the service?

Thanks
Dusty

Last edited by Dthorne1918; Nov 28, 2016 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Most window seats have the added bonus of side storage bins.

Note that meal pre-order is available on Qantas.com/yourbooking from 7 days before your flight.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Does Qantas offer in flight wifi for fee for international flights on the A380? If so how much and how is the service?

Thanks
Dusty
No
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
No.
They trialled it on one A380 a number of years ago but dropped it.

I suspect it will come back when QF refurbs the aircraft.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:25 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Merged two threads into one [/mod hat]
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Guys:
Can you chime in on this. We've been going back in forth with our travel agent due to the change. We want QF310 they want us to have QF12. Both are direct but we prefer the American Airlines Metal. They schedule change was due to the airline. Our fare class is (I) which is showing as full on QF310, and if I read below correctly than they should be able to book us on QF310 in fare class (D) with no issue as it is the next class fare up in the same cabin.

Notification

Travel Agents will receive notification of schedule changes via an SSR / RM Remark to the GDS Schedule Change queue.
Rebooking

'Involuntary' Changes

If the new flight that has been rebooked byQantas is not suitable,the Travel Agent is permitted to:

Rebook to an alternative QF flight within 24 hours (on the same day or a day either side) of the original ticketed flight in the same class as originally ticketed.

For Qantas flights with a 'QF' flight number operated by Qantas or oneworld partners: if the same class is not available, the lowest class within the same cabin may be booked (e.g. within the Economy or Business class cabin)

For Qantas codeshare flights with a 'QF' flight number operated by Emirates, rebook in the same class as originally ticketed.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
It would be my honest opinion that you will have a better experience on the QF12.

Remember this is a night flight - leaving LAX at approx 2300 - so most people eat in the lounge, go to sleep on board.

Wake up 3 or 4 hours out of SYD refreshed - reading for the great QF breakfast and arrival into wonderful Australia where an exciting day of discovery is ahead of you.

Try something different - the young and youthful Qantas crew compared to the old dragons on AA
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Guys:
Can you chime in on this. We've been going back in forth with our travel agent due to the change. We want QF310 they want us to have QF12. Both are direct but we prefer the American Airlines Metal. They schedule change was due to the airline. Our fare class is (I) which is showing as full on QF310, and if I read below correctly than they should be able to book us on QF310 in fare class (D) with no issue as it is the next class fare up in the same cabin.

Notification

Travel Agents will receive notification of schedule changes via an SSR / RM Remark to the GDS Schedule Change queue.
Rebooking

'Involuntary' Changes

If the new flight that has been rebooked byQantas is not suitable,the Travel Agent is permitted to:

Rebook to an alternative QF flight within 24 hours (on the same day or a day either side) of the original ticketed flight in the same class as originally ticketed.

For Qantas flights with a 'QF' flight number operated by Qantas or oneworld partners: if the same class is not available, the lowest class within the same cabin may be booked (e.g. within the Economy or Business class cabin)

For Qantas codeshare flights with a 'QF' flight number operated by Emirates, rebook in the same class as originally ticketed.
If D is higher than I then no, you can't.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Member

Guys: Can you chime in on this. We've been going back in forth with our travel agent due to the change. .... For Qantas flights with a 'QF' flight number operated by Qantas or oneworld partners: if the same class is not available, the lowest class within the same cabin may be booked (e.g. within the Economy or Business class cabin).
I is the lowest class, with D above I and J above D. So that rule says you can book into I (not available) or into the lowest class which also happens to be I (it doesn't say "lowest available class" ). Seems like the CoC is being followed meticulously. If wanting to fly AA metal then it is wise to book AA and not a codeshare In any case QF A380 is generally better LAX-SYD, imho, so you may be better off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.