Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Lounge access in Guangzhou if Qantas Gold

Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold

I'm Qantas Gold and flying soon from SYD-CAN on QF327 (China Southern metal). Although I have a Qantas flight number, China Southern is in Sky Team. Does anybody know if I will have lounge access in Guangzhou for the trip home? I've looked all over and can't seem to find this information. Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
I'm thinking not.

According to the QF Website, access is only to Qantas, oneWorld and associated lounges. Guangzhou is not listed.

To be eligible under oneWorld rules, you'd have to be flying on a oneWorld marketed and operated flight.

This appears to be a major drawback in the QF Asian strategy - and not one highlighted in the breathless media releases of yet another codeshare on an asian carrier.

Regards,

BD
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If flying in business class or first class then access to the China Southern lounge.

If you have priority club then access to the contract lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold
Thanks very much for this information. The Guangzhou lounge access sounds pretty dubious. In the end I've decided to fly through Hong Kong--will at least have a nice place to wait for my flights!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.