Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas connecting flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Gun_blade
I still think that Qantas should proactively be flagging all connection below a preset minimum connection time, and notifies TA and passengers about the schedule changes.
It does.

What's happened here is very probably that because your flight is so far away, and schedule change season may not yet be over, yours was a low priority for fixing. It may be that there is no point alerting the TA to a schedule change and fixing the problem now, if all that will happen is a further schedule change, a further alert and a further fix later on.

Or it could be worse: you might demand a fix now and be put on a later flight, eg in the afternoon. There is then a further schedule change to your original flight which means that you could in theory now go on your original flight after all because it's been pushed back and is once more a legal connection. But if you've already fiddled with your itinerary, you may never find out about this.

A very good friend used to be a TA. Schedule change season used to drive her up the wall when she was dealing with airlines that notified TAs immediately of every single schedule change problem. She would sometimes have to fix a single itinerary three or four times in the space of a few weeks. It would have been much easier to wait for all the schedule changes to be done, and then to fix the itinerary in one go.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: QF WP, VA
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It does.
A very good friend used to be a TA. Schedule change season used to drive her up the wall when she was dealing with airlines that notified TAs immediately of every single schedule change problem. She would sometimes have to fix a single itinerary three or four times in the space of a few weeks. It would have been much easier to wait for all the schedule changes to be done, and then to fix the itinerary in one go.
My TA says she will only print a final version of the itinerary one week before travel to allow for these changes.

Whenever there is a scheduling change QF MMB will ask you to acknowledge the changes, however if you booked via a TA only they can do this. This isn't usually a problem unless you want to select seats etc.. as these options are greyed out..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.