Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF12 JFK-SYD 747 biz class LAX transit facilities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileageplus

I am in business class on QF12 JFK-SYD on 747 equip all the way. A friend of mine who flew it Tuesday says at LAX there's just a "crappy" tent as a departure waiting area which I assume is just for those in transit at LAX. Is this true?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:22 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You have access to the QF J lounge which has showers and food etc. Quite nice. The gate areas at LAX are spartan and often under construction the past few years. Sometimes remote stands are used but that is <1% of the time, sounds like that happened to your friend (this is controlled by the airport not the airline, there aren't enough gates at TBIT).
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Yes, he said the tent was attached to the main terminal but evidently no one advised him to go to the J lounge in the terminal itself. Perhaps that was to avoid him having to go through security again?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
the lounge is airside so no need to go through security again.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks,again

How sad that he had to stay in the crappy tent he mentioned. They were bused to the terminal and he said the tent was attached to it, but I guess no one told him he could go inside the terminal and use the J lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by 1kprem
How sad that he had to stay in the crappy tent he mentioned. They were bused to the terminal and he said the tent was attached to it, but I guess no one told him he could go inside the terminal and use the J lounge.
Why would he think that J passengers need to stay in the "crappy tent"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.