Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Seat Selection, checking in with AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Hi there,

Newbie to forum here. I am traveling SMF-LAX-BNE return, purchased the ticket through Qantas website (SMF-LAX and return LAX-SMF operated by AA). I paid extra and reserved exit row seats on the Qantas flights through the "Manage My Booking" option on the Qantas website. Per the Qantas website, persons with exit row seats are not able to check in online, but must do so at the airport counter (presumably to verify ability to meet requirements for such seats). Since there is no Qantas counter at SMF, only AA counters, I will be checking in with AA there.

1. Will AA have notice of my Qantas paid seat selection in its system?

2. Will the AA counter be able to issue my exit row seat boarding pass for LAX-BNE, or will I need to go to the Qantas counter in LAX upon arrival? I have a significant layover so this can be done, if necessary, but would rather not leave the secure area at TBIT or wait until staff are at the Qantas gates.

Thanks so much for the info. I think this is best posted in the Qantas forum, but if a mod disagrees, I apologize and feel free to move.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This question has been posted on the AA forum at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ecking-aa.html
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
This question has been posted on the AA forum at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ecking-aa.html
I'm sorry. I wasn't sure which forum would be the most appropriate given the involvement of both airlines, but thanks for your response in the AA forum!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:29 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Welcome to FT and the QF forum, Teckelspass! As you are getting responses over at the AA forum, I am closing this thread. [/mod hat]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.