Lifetime Gold

Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Lifetime Gold

In a few weeks I will click over to LTG after a J RTN to Beirut.
What actually changes in member recognition(if anything)?

Have any LTG FT'ers felt a better or increased level of service/recognition beyond standard for a Gold tier member?

Would, for example, a Plat with LTG, have a higher status in eyes of QFFP over a standard Plat? In the same light, would an LTG member be regarded higher than a standard Gold member?

Just curious and thanks for any shared experiences. I know these questions are better answered by QF themselves but not sure I'll live long enough

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jul 30, 2016 at 1:21 am
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pretty much the only thing is that you will get a single sheet letter confirming that you have met the criterion for Lifetime Gold status

At the time when you lose platinum status, then you will receive a lifetime gold membership card

Do not be expecting anything more than that
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Pretty much the only thing is that you will get a single sheet letter confirming that you have met the criterion for Lifetime Gold status

At the time when you lose platinum status, then you will receive a lifetime gold membership card

Do not be expecting anything more than that
Duly noted. Can't blame me for living in hope
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:03 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
All that happens is that you get an expectation that something happens. Treat it like Jetstar - have low expectations and you'll probably be pleasantly satisfied.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: QF WP
From some reports, some crew doesn't even know what life time gold/silver is. That's how much weight it has, I guess.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:59 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Similar to a lifetime Qantas Club membership which also doesn't get any other benefits compared to a time limited one. Published or unpublished.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
The only benefit is they will never dare to downgrade you to silver or bronze
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:49 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Of course, this all assumes that "QF GOLD" continues to receive the same benefits for the long term - ie QP access, some sort of priority in various matters and so on. Shudder to think that QF may one day rejig the program level titles to mimic AA's whereby GOLD means very little.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Of course, this all assumes that "QF GOLD" continues to receive the same benefits for the long term - ie QP access, some sort of priority in various matters and so on. Shudder to think that QF may one day rejig the program level titles to mimic AA's whereby GOLD means very little.
That will no doubt be the day I jump ship - LOT's of choice out there thankfully
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
What they said.

You just get a card each year with an expiry date of "Lifetime".

Nothing more than that. I've flown QF, QF Stink, JQ, AA using my LTG card. Meh.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
One thing that WAS useful is that it made it cheaper for a partner's lifetime membership of the Qantas Club. (Unsure what the latest on that is tho..)

Since I only travel for pleasure now, the Gold privileges have been useful and do dictate my travelling preferences.
IF it is taken away then , as others have indicated, OW will become just another provider.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:10 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by og
... Shudder to think that QF may one day rejig the program level titles to mimic AA's whereby GOLD means very little.
About the same chance as rejig to match BA (where GOLD means PLATINUM). Gotta love the Oneworld consistency.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:02 pm

I have a follow up question. Since achieving Lifetime Gold it seems my ability to get seats closer to the front has diminished all rows to about 12 back in economy are greyed out. Now happened 3 times. Is this related. I dont usually get to Plat but have about 900 to 1000 SC each year.
Any ideas?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe that this will just be due to what is available to someone with Gold status currently. Whether it is Lifetime or Annual, the benefits offered are the same
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:04 am
ECR

Based on the current rules once you reach lifetime status are there any requirements to keep it? For example do you need 4 QF flights every year, or need to earn status credits or quantas points each year?

Obviously of course I understand that lifetime means within the lifetime of the scheme and they can end the scheme or change the rules at any time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.