Wiki Posts
Search

Points/Status Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Points/Status Question

I fly LHR-BNE via SYD/MEL in Y a few times a year, always on QF metal.

Looking to my next flight I have the option to book directly through QF:

LHR-DXB-SIN-BNE. Obvs the DXB-SIN leg is on EK metal.

I want to calculate the points and status, so using the QF points calculator, is the EK leg considered QF as it's ticketed by them? Assume it's points based on being EK but just want to check.

Don't want to get less points/status than my usual flights.

I know it's a lot longer but I'm sick to my teeth of the same LHR-DXB-AU flight routines and I want to try a few more lounges before I lose my Gold status in the next couple of years.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need a QF marketed flight to get SC's. That is with a QF flight number. Who sells or tickets is usually not relevant.

You may get pricing with another airline. But BNE has less long haul flights than SYD (the home base of Air Sydney)
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:58 am
Original Poster

What's a QF marketed flight though? An itinerary booked through the QF website qualifies I assume. That's where I'm buying my ticket.

So my question is if it's a QF flight number on EK metal, do I get the points/SCs as if it was QF metal?

I'm asking specifically what to put into the "airline" field of the points calculator on the QF website.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by QueEff
What's a QF marketed flight though?
If you book the QF flight number, it's a QF-marketed flight regardless of who operates it.

If you book the EK flight number, it is not a QF-marketed flight even though QF also sells a QF flight number on that flight.

Whose website you book through, and which airline tickets the booking, are irrelevant to this question.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
What's a QF marketed flight though? An itinerary booked through the QF website qualifies I assume. That's where I'm buying my ticket.

So my question is if it's a QF flight number on EK metal, do I get the points/SCs as if it was QF metal?

I'm asking specifically what to put into the "airline" field of the points calculator on the QF website.
The answer to the first question is Yes.
The answer to the second is put "Qantas" in the airline field on the calculator.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

In the end the LHR-DXB-AU route I normally take earns more than LHR-SIN-BNE, even though it's one less leg.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:22 am

Ideally QF marketed EK flights carry the code QF8XXX. If you booked as that then you shouldn't worry too much as it will be considered as a QF light for QFF points and SC purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.