Wiki Posts
Search

Not able to check in online

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Not able to check in online

Im booked on QF24 BKK SYD in J for tomorrow, and I tried to check in online 23 hours prior to departure and I keep seeing a message that says Check in At Airport.

Has anyone experienced this, and what does it mean?

I am on a separate PNR with QR NBO DOH BKK and then a separate ticket with QF BKK SYD BKK.

TIA
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:17 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It is currently 23hrs08mins until the flight, so I would try again in another hour.

However the flight is showing J2C0 so possibly J is oversold. How much time do you have in BKK between arriving on QR and departing on QF? Under the new oneworld rules QR does not need to interline checked luggage on separate tickets.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Just checked in for the QR flight at NBO, and asked to have my bags tagged NBO DOH BKK SYD, which they did, and also issued the boarding pass for BKK SYD. I'm happy but the online check in was odd.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Was probably flagged for a CC check or something - QF has always had weird procedures for some outstations (until a few years ago you had to present to BKK sales office if using CC)

Use the CX lounge in BKK - much superior
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks Nux and moa999. Much appreciated for all your help and advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.