Wiki Posts
Search

lounge access? (F/J with a layover)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
lounge access? (F/J with a layover)

Hi, I've got a question about lounge access for a mixed F/J ticket.

If I've got the first leg of the flight in J (no F available as it's a domestic flight) on an F ticket will I be able to access the F lounge for the entire ticket? or only prior to the segment that's in F?

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:08 pm

Where are you traveling from/to. Domestic airports on the Qantas network don't have First Lounges so unless it's a domestic flight between international terminal (only Jetstar does this) then you really have nothing to worry about.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

well I guess it's not technically domestic, just no F... from AKL via SYD
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that it is more than a technicality on whether New Zealand to Australia is domestic

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access has details on lounge access

Originally Posted by OneWorld
First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight
Assuming that you are just connecting in Sydney, then you can use the 1st class section of the lounge at Auckland - just do not expect much from it

If stopping over in Sydney, then no 1st class lounge access
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:43 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The AKL F lounge is not much different from the J lounge, only more crowded as it is a small lounge, so sometimes J is preferable
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:04 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Don't suppose there's any way I can get into the SYD F lounge if travelling on one ticket, QF J SYD-HND connecting to BA F HND-LHR?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dsf
Don't suppose there's any way I can get into the SYD F lounge if travelling on one ticket, QF J SYD-HND connecting to BA F HND-LHR?
No. You can use the business lounge in Sydney and the 1st lounge in HND
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
Hi, I've got a question about lounge access for a mixed F/J ticket.

If I've got the first leg of the flight in J (no F available as it's a domestic flight) on an F ticket will I be able to access the F lounge for the entire ticket? or only prior to the segment that's in F?

Thanks
QF J BP ex AKL also entitles you access to the EK lounge should it be open and also subject to volume existing within the lounge itself. I find that with onward F on QF services IME, QF has been very forthcoming in providing access to the platinum cupboard at AKL.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Assuming that you are just connecting in Sydney, then you can use the 1st class section of the lounge at Auckland - just do not expect much from it

If stopping over in Sydney, then no 1st class lounge access
Great thanks! seems like EK lounge might be the way to go anyways
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by lowjhg
QF J BP ex AKL also entitles you access to the EK lounge should it be open and also subject to volume existing within the lounge itself. I find that with onward F on QF services IME, QF has been very forthcoming in providing access to the platinum cupboard at AKL.
Just bare in mind that the EK Lounge ins't open all day, we're as the QF Lounge is.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
If traveling during the hours that the EK lounge is open then you should be on the EK plane They even have QF codeshares
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Just bare in mind that the EK Lounge ins't open all day, we're as the QF Lounge is.
I believe they open 13:00 or 13:30 depending upon season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.