Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Credit QF mile with QFF but access lounge using Cx DM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

I do find that most QF Y fare doesn't earn club points nor miles on CX. So how could we credit the miles using QFF ( bronze) however still enjoy the check in, lounge, luggage or maybe even advanced seat selection as being OWE?
Old May 21, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
I do find that most QF Y fare doesn't earn club points nor miles on CX. So how could we credit the miles using QFF ( bronze) however still enjoy the check in, lounge, luggage or maybe even advanced seat selection as being OWE?
I put my AA Exec Plat number in when reserving, get exit row seat selection, business class bag tags and lounge access then on leaving the lounge go to the service desk and get them to change my FF number to my QF Bronze one. Never had a problem
Old May 22, 2016, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Do you mean the reception at the lounge?
Old May 22, 2016, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At many Australian airport there are QF service desks in the general gate area.
Gate agents (USA speak) only do check ins (or kiosk) and do not do ticketing, seat allocation, ffp changes etc (thats the service desk task)
Old May 22, 2016, 4:22 am
Original Poster

So it's at the gate, right?
Old May 22, 2016, 8:47 am

Do you mean the reception at the lounge?
I have done it several times in the lounge but was denied there once. So now I just go to the service desk in the gate area.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Change the number seems a little trouble ....

What would happen if I don't want seats selection or extra luggage, if I put my QFF number in the booking and show my Cx DM card at check in, would I be issued with the lounge access? I guess business counter check in wouldn't be a problem.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
IME, no problem with this. On a couple of recent flights, I had my QF PS number in the booking and just showed my BA Silver (OW Sapphire) card to get into the lounge. I didn't need any of the other Sapphire privileges for that booking.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:27 am

there are usually check in kiosks outside the lounges in major ports. you can change your FFP there and it will print a new boarding pass too.
Old May 23, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Thx. I'll give it a try.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:26 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I think you're better off to change your number after entry to the lounge. I had a case travelling on QF, I had my BA number in the system, but wanted to use my status privileges from CX. As I entered the lounge, they typed typed typed....and the miles ended up being posted to CX, even though they told me the typiing wasn't changing where the miles was going to go.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by sxc
I think you're better off to change your number after entry to the lounge. I had a case travelling on QF, I had my BA number in the system, but wanted to use my status privileges from CX. As I entered the lounge, they typed typed typed....and the miles ended up being posted to CX, even though they told me the typiing wasn't changing where the miles was going to go.
I agree with you. I have EK Gold and int'l travel is all on EK so haven't tried this on an int'l itinerary.

But domestically, QF lounge dragons insist on changing the FF on the booking to the EK one (QF gets put on by default by my corporate TA) when I want to use the EK Gold card for lounge access. For several trips after getting EK Gold (and letting my QC membership lapse), there was no problem with a QF FF# + EK Gold card. Then one day they started insisting that the EK number had to be on the booking to charge EK for my visit, and that they'd "always done it this way."

I've not been able to change back in the lounge; there's not another desk and have not been able to do it online myself. But it's not many points so I haven't pushed it.

YMMV.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

My have a return trip Syd Chc booked. Syd Chc leg is EK metal, CHC SYD is QF metal. Would like to credit EK metal to QF and the QF metal to CX. What's the best option?

Both booked in J and I haven't entered any FF number yet, if I show the QF card at check in counter, would they enter my QF number into both legs?
Old May 30, 2016, 9:23 am

My have a return trip Syd Chc booked. Syd Chc leg is EK metal, CHC SYD is QF metal. Would like to credit EK metal to QF and the QF metal to CX. What's the best option?

Both booked in J and I haven't entered any FF number yet, if I show the QF card at check in counter, would they enter my QF number into both legs?
Are you booked on the QF coded SYD CHC EK flight? If that's so I guess it will earn as per a QF flight on CXDM
Old May 31, 2016, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Angry

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Are you booked on the QF coded SYD CHC EK flight? If that's so I guess it will earn as per a QF flight on CXDM
is there anywhere written that I can confirm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.