Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket holding time for QF Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Ticket holding time for QF Platinum?

I'm currently a CX diamond switching to QF, as CX DM, CX could hold & confirm our ticket until departure. Does Qantas has a similar facility for its top tier members?

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
No it does not. CX in general have very relaxed TTLs compared to most other carriers.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
If you are able to requalify for CX Diamond then you are much better off to do so rather than switch to QF WP. While Diamond isn't as lucrative as it was a decade ago, it is still the best OW Emerald status for CX flight benefits, and for international flights CX is often more convenient than QF from most Oz cities, ironically enough.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
If you are able to requalify for CX Diamond then you are much better off to do so rather than switch to QF WP. While Diamond isn't as lucrative as it was a decade ago, it is still the best OW Emerald status for CX flight benefits, and for international flights CX is often more convenient than QF from most Oz cities, ironically enough.

Thanks very much. After the CX change, I will be a lot more easier for me to achieve 1400 point a year with QF than CX. QF also got the lifetime Gold which I could achieve after 6 or 7 years flying..

I'm also Australian based, so lounge entry for jetstar flights to holiday destination would also be great...
Old Apr 20, 2016, 4:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I'm also Australian based, so lounge entry for jetstar flights to holiday destination would also be great...
I'm unsure where you are based, but in SYD if relying on using the QP for a JQ domestic flight is not such a nice experience in having to migrate from T3 to T2 landside of security.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Based in Sydney, I'm mostly thinking of the international routes
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Before switching to QFF, I would definitely look at comparing award values between QF and other options - especially with the ridiculous surcharges applied to awards
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

I see.... This is the QF section and it seems that you guys do not really like QFF?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Yeah, a bit comical but that is QF for you. Personally I like QF just fine, but they do run QFF to benefit QF and not mere pax. You are correct that WP is much easier to get than DM. Probably worth switching in your situation, and all the other FF plans are changing to be less generous, so QFF isn't below-average or a bad choice.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ausriver
I see.... This is the QF section and it seems that you guys do not really like QFF?
Well - with its redemption costs together with excessive surcharges hardly makes QFF a great scheme imo. I wouldn't be throwing points down the QFF drain unless absolutely sure that QFF status is worth the excessive cost in lost redemptions
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Yes, I think you guys are right.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 5:10 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Slightly related by QFF will hold an award for 72 hours on request for WP. Mostly used when requesting award space to be opened up and/or when you need to transfer points from a different account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.