Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

The Qantas London Lounge - Opening 2017 [Pre opening discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Qantas London Lounge - Opening 2017 [Pre opening discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Do we have any more info on when this lounge might open?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No more info, but every lounge rebuild by any airline at LHR has been months late and some over a year ... understandable in view of the difficulties in getting materials airside and dealing with British tradies. I'd bet on December 2017.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
It's supposed to be open in late March 2017 IIRC.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Any news or a date?

Spike
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Great another 'playground' with no dedicated areas for F/P+P1's. These concepts are superb J lounges but don't quite cut it for a pax paying 14K for a RTN F LHR flight.(Unless I've missed something in the detail of a dedicated F section?)
i live in London, a situation I'd like to remedy ASAP with a return to Oz, but in the meantime I usually end up at one of the LHR terminals at least once a fortnight. Anyway the QF lounge Im expecting to still be better than most of the Flounge competition. The AA flagship lounge is nice, but not great. The BA Galleries First is better than the AA lounge but I still don't think it is as good as the HKG QF J/F combined lounge. So if Qantas follow the HKG model, their J/F combined lounge will be better than the T3 BA Flounge. That leaves CX as the only real competition (although I'm clueless about what EK uses for a lounge, but they aren't in One World anyway).

Last edited by creampuff; Jan 11, 2017 at 2:35 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty

I have seen reference to significant costs applied for each passenger that uses a partner airlines lounge ($170 each time) - Qantas would pay BA for each QF PAX in First/Business (on QF) and/or each PAX using QF status, and any any guests.

2 388's a day totalling 156 F/J seats as well as any SG/WP flying economy/PE and their guests. Of course, there's those QP members accessing the AC to pay for as well.
cant be $170 a visit can it???? If it is that much I must be costing American Airlines a chunk of change as I only few AA 4 times last year but had about 60 visits to non-AA lounges!!!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by creampuff
cant be $170 a visit can it???? If it is that much I must be costing American Airlines a chunk of change as I only few AA 4 times last year but had about 60 visits to non-AA lounges!!!
No,because unlike Star Alliance/Skyteam ,the operating carrier is charged in oneworld.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Any news or a date?

Spike
Is it bad form quoting myself? Anyway I asked this question on Twatter and the news is there is still no news.

Spike
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:39 pm

There's no date yet... but it'll be a crowded QF month with opening of BNE domestic J lounge in 'early March' and then QF half-year financials on March 23, so if this is still a March opening one could pull up a calendar and noodle around to determine likely timeframes, if it was that important to one. But I'd just wait until there was a firm date.

Last edited by djsflynn; Jan 16, 2017 at 1:17 am
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
While we wait, check out the new Cathay lounge, it's stunning! Best business lounge I've visited. Vast improvement on the already good BA lounge.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:09 pm

QueEff, I reckon Qantas will be hard-pressed to best the CX lounges – even the business class lounge from what I've seen and heard (couldn't get across for the opening due to pre-Christmas busyness here but hoping to check it our first-hand later this month or early next).
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Originally Posted by djsflynn
QueEff, I reckon Qantas will be hard-pressed to best the CX lounges – even the business class lounge from what I've seen and heard (couldn't get across for the opening due to pre-Christmas busyness here but hoping to check it our first-hand later this month or early next).
Agreed! I'm eager to see what they offer!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Understand that the opening of the Heathrow lounge has been delayed by several months and is now scheduled for 'mid 2017'. However, I believe Qantas First pax have access to the Cathay Pacific lounge which I'm looking forward to trying!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by dwugson
Understand that the opening of the Heathrow lounge has been delayed by several months and is now scheduled for 'mid 2017'. However, I believe Qantas First pax have access to the Cathay Pacific lounge which I'm looking forward to trying!
I'll be flying out in August so I sure am hoping that anyone saying late 2017 is being cautious and it'll be open by August!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dwugson
Correct. This is a One World benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.