Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bid upgrades on Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Bid upgrades on Qantas

My son used his FF points to book my flight from YVR to PER. I would like to upgrade. Is this possible using cash only?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Montrose1235
My son used his FF points to book my flight from YVR to PER. I would like to upgrade. Is this possible using cash only?
Short answer: No

Long answer: The flight may only be upgraded by cancelling the current booking, refunding the points to your son's account (minus the refund fee), then making a new booking in the higher cabin (should there be availability in the higher cabin).

Short answer: No.

Dave
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:40 pm

It might (or might not ....) be worth pointing out that the bid now upgrades may be all cash, but only where no QFF number is in the reservation. I did it last year when I used my AAdv number for credit.

In the OP's case that is not relevant at all, but I just thought later readers might want to file that fact away if they weren't already aware.

From the Ts&Cs:

3.2 Eligible Customers who are not Qantas Frequent Flyer members or who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members, but who have not included their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in the Original Booking must submit their Upgrade Offer (and, if their Upgrade Offer is accepted, pay) using a Nominated Payment Card.

3.3 Eligible Customers who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members who included their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in the Original Booking and receive an Invitation may only use a combination of money and Qantas Points to make an Upgrade Offer.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:21 pm

Talking QF bid now upgrade questions

Hey QF Forum - your help/advice would be appreciated:

I have a paid for published fare booking LHR-DXB-LHR booked in Premium Economy (T Class). This has been paid for by my employer with credit card and purchased on Qantas.com.au. I have entered my BA Exec Club (OW Emerald status) number to the booking and I will collect towards BA status/ points for this booking.

I have several questions about how this bid now process works.
I note this may/may not be offered T-7 days or so prior to departure based upon Business seat availability.

If I am deemed "eligible" to bid for an upgrade what is a reasonable figure to bid for this route? Are there any indications if/when it does open for me to suggest what this might be? Obviously I don't want to ruin my chances by going in too low with a ridiculous offer but at the same time I don't want to bid way over the odds either. Just curious as to how this process works as I've never upgraded a flight in this way before.

Because I have a QF issued ticket I know I cannot use BA points to upgrade this booking in any way/shape/form.

Are there also opportunities to upgrade with payment (cash/card) at the airport or is everything directed towards the bid now process?

Information much appreciated
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Thanks for this, its really helpful.

I have a flight returning from SYD to DFW in April that I'm hoping to Bid Upgrade up. I have both a AA account (my primary account) and a Qantas account that I just created but that has no miles on it.

Should I call Qantas and ask them to take the QF FF account off the ticket? According to what you sent, I think that would make me eligible to qualify for a bid upgrade.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The rules have changed recently (2016) making some of the advice in this thread relevant to the old rules but not to the current rules. You would be best served to contact QF and ask directly. From what I can tell the QFF or other FF account association has no bearing any more under the new rules, but I haven't looked closely as I will never use this feature
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:10 pm

Deleted

Last edited by DragonSoul; Feb 1, 2018 at 10:16 pm Reason: Crosspost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.