Wiki Posts
Search

QFF Tier Help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
QFF Tier Help

Hi, ok I have what I'm sure is a dumb question.

After 14 years Bronze, I reached Silver for the first time in September, my membership anniversary is January, so at that point I'll be Silver with 0 status points.

Do I need 700 status points before Jan 2017 to reach Gold?

Or is it less because I'm already on Silver?

I'm sure it will be 700 but can't find it stated anywhere and unfortunately I'm 95 status points away from reaching Gold this membership year.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:03 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
700 to qualify.
600 is to requalify if you were currently gold.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If you membership year ends Dec 31 then you need 700 SC's Jan through Dec 2016 to qualify SG.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
... and it's not a dumb question. You're right to ask!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
You will most likely keep PS from Sept to Jan.
Here is mine, and AFF also says, that you can keep QF status for more than a year, up to abit under 2 actually.
I got to QF PS prior to Dec 14, at Christmas Dec 14, I got to QF SG.
My anniversary is end of Jul 15, so I thought end of Jul 15, I would go back down to QF PS, but no, I get to keep SG from Jul 15 to Jul 16, and if I back date that, Dec 14 to Dec 15 is one year, and from Dec 15 to Jul 16, thats 6 months, so I will have QF SG for 18 months, ie, more than the 12.
If you get QF PS at 250, you will need another 450 QF SC up to your next anniversary.
For me, I did a lot of trips to NZ to make it.
Wait till you make QF SG, then you will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:51 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
You will most likely keep PS from Sept to Jan.
Here is mine, and AFF also says, that you can keep QF status for more than a year, up to abit under 2 actually.
I got to QF PS prior to Dec 14, at Christmas Dec 14, I got to QF SG.
My anniversary is end of Jul 15, so I thought end of Jul 15, I would go back down to QF PS, but no, I get to keep SG from Jul 15 to Jul 16, and if I back date that, Dec 14 to Dec 15 is one year, and from Dec 15 to Jul 16, thats 6 months, so I will have QF SG for 18 months, ie, more than the 12.
If you get QF PS at 250, you will need another 450 QF SC up to your next anniversary.
For me, I did a lot of trips to NZ to make it.
Wait till you make QF SG, then you will be pleasantly surprised.
This is not at all what the OP asked, which was related to the Status Credit requirement for Gold when starting a new membership year having qualified as Silver.

As to your comment, if you earn status in one membership year you will have that status for the remainder of that membership year and all of the next membership year (unless you qualify for higher status in either year).
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Hi all thanks for the answers. Yes I'm aware I'll keep Silver next year. Nice of them to give you a full 12 months plus the luck of however many months left until your anniversary.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: QF WP LTG
Agreed it's not a dumb question and good luck with your quest for gold.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Deleted a few posts with personal attacks. Just don't go there. Its really not that difficult. [/mod hat]
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
In an attempt to not create another thread, I too have a question regarding QF status!

Do you need to earn the required status credits within the calendar year? So, for example, if I wanted to hit Silver, would I need the 300 SC by Dec 31st? I'm confused by the "membership year" language.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iAdam
In an attempt to not create another thread, I too have a question regarding QF status!

Do you need to earn the required status credits within the calendar year? So, for example, if I wanted to hit Silver, would I need the 300 SC by Dec 31st? I'm confused by the "membership year" language.
You need to earn the status credits within your membership year

If you log into your account , you will see that where it details the number of Status Credits that you have, it will state when the reassessment date is

You need to earn the 300 status credits by the date stated. The following day, your account will reset to zero and your new membership year will begin

It is possisble that your membership year is the same as the calendar year
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum

Status seems to work from your membership year which is when you signed up. So if you want silver then you need 300sc before your membership anniversary. If you want gold then 700sc before your membership anniversary etc.

The thing is, if your membership yr starts 30th April for example and you reach silver by August the same year, you'll have silver benefits from August all the way through until 30th April next year AND for the following membership year. So you get it for a year plus however many months remain on your current membership yr. Forget about the calendar year (unless you joined new yrs day of course!)

It does work a bit different to what I've been used to but it makes sense after a while. Lucky if you hit it early as you'll get more bonus points for longer.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF membership year is based on the month you join the QF ffp. Not calendar year.
Anyway, as an AA Exp why are asking about the (poor) QF ffp?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You need to earn the status credits within your membership year

If you log into your account , you will see that where it details the number of Status Credits that you have, it will state when the reassessment date is

You need to earn the 300 status credits by the date stated. The following day, your account will reset to zero and your new membership year will begin

It is possisble that your membership year is the same as the calendar year
Thank you! So, I currently have 0 SC, would earn my first 80 credits tomorrow, so since it has 0 on it, it doesn't display a membership year. I know I created the QFF account back in March 2014 though!

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
QF membership year is based on the month you join the QF ffp. Not calendar year.
Anyway, as an AA Exp why are asking about the (poor) QF ffp?
My significant other and I will be moving in the new year so I plan to start crediting flights in excess of 100K to QF for the time being. I know earning status & points is pretty difficult in comparison to AA but it might be worthwhile for domestic AU flights where QF earns 25% on AA.

Also, thank you NZButterfly, clears up a lot!

Last edited by iAdam; Nov 15, 2015 at 4:15 pm Reason: Noticed other respones
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you can earn miles to AA - even 25% plus the 100% bonus will get you to 50% and would generally rate AA miles at a value of at least double that of QF

If you joined in March, then your status reassessment date is likely 31 March, with the new membership year starting on 1st April

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.