Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woolies thinks QF is on the nose

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Granlor
With the original Woolworths Loyalty programme $2000 spent at an average weekly shop of $120 would have earned around 1500 QFF points. Under the new plan a shopper will earn 870 points QFF. So it's a good cost-saving for Woolworths unless customers become a bit less loyal.

maybe the average amount of shopping is $120, but there are a lot of people who do not do all shopping in one go. I cannot think of a time where I have spent anywhere close to $120 on grocery purchases in one go
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
maybe the average amount of shopping is $120, but there are a lot of people who do not do all shopping in one go. I cannot think of a time where I have spent anywhere close to $120 on grocery purchases in one go
People using manual (human) registers with a trolley full of groceries could routinely be well over the stated $120.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Granlor
With the original Woolworths Loyalty programme $2000 spent at an average weekly shop of $120 would have earned around 1500 QFF points. Under the new plan a shopper will earn 870 points QFF. So it's a good cost-saving for Woolworths unless customers become a bit less loyal.
There has been an increase in small basket shops and less full trolley shops with a related increase in smaller transactions. It's the reason they are ranging more "convenience" lines (such as deli microwave meals)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
People using manual (human) registers with a trolley full of groceries could routinely be well over the stated $120.
and there are lots of people I see shopping, who are purchasing small numbers of items and are nowhere near that amount. I see a lot more occurrences of smaller purchases than the ones seeming to be stockpiling

If I was collecting Coles or Woolworths points and it required a $30 min spend before earnings started, I would earn very little - as would many people I see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.