Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADL to AKL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

ADL to AKL?

I thought at one point there was non-stop service or perhaps it was seasonal?

The pdf timetable is very outdated.

I'm looking to make the trip in April and would prefer a QF non-stop over NZ.

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:17 am

Believe Qantas no longer serves any international destinations direct from Adelaide. I think it will be the direct Air NZ or a 1 stop Via other airlines.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Air New Zealand seems to have a service 6 days a week at 8am from AKL to ADL and seems to be the only nonstop service
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Stopped a long time ago.
I also recall that JQ attempted the route as well.
ATM it is just NZ.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Yes, Air New Zealand has it six days a week, but no Business product and of course the one day I need to go, it's not scheduled. haha
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Stopped a long time ago.
I also recall that JQ attempted the route as well.
ATM it is just NZ.
Correct - didn't Jetstar only last a couple of months? I'm pretty sure it was last Christmas they tried it out, then it was gone by the the start of the year.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Thanks for the info. Yes, Air New Zealand has it six days a week, but no Business product and of course the one day I need to go, it's not scheduled. haha
Tasman Business class isn't really worth the $800-1100 they are asking for, unless an company etc is paying for it.

You could always fly ADL-MEL-AKL? Qantas only flies 738s between MEL-AKL, think of the J class seat being like AA First on an 738, but with an foot rest fitted.

NZ/EK are the only ones with widebodies on MEL-AKL, EK has an daily 380 and NZ has an Daily 77W plus extra flights.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Tasman Business class isn't really worth the $800-1100 they are asking for, unless an company etc is paying for it.

You could always fly ADL-MEL-AKL? Qantas only flies 738s between MEL-AKL, think of the J class seat being like AA First on an 738, but with an foot rest fitted.

NZ/EK are the only ones with widebodies on MEL-AKL, EK has an daily 380 and NZ has an Daily 77W plus extra flights.
If I were to fly QF ADL-MEL/SYD-AKL I'd burn 17.5k AA miles for business. I do like the QF 738 J/F product.

I'm not opposed to paying for it on EK except the MEL and SYD departures are too early to sync up with a ADL departure.

ADL-SYD (QF)/SYD-AKL (LA) would be the only wide-body on OW that would work.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
There was a JQ flight from ADL to AKL a few months back, maybe a year or so ago.
I didn't have the chance to take it though.
But transitting via MEL/SYD/BNE is not all that bad, if you leave ADL in the morning and get the evening flight or at least the mid afternoon flight from the eastern state capital to AKL.
Flying LA from SYD - AKL means you have to transit in SYD (stay there overnight) to make it work/worth it for a visit to the QF international J lounge.
Also, flying LA with OW means in J, if collecting QF FF points and QF SC, your earn rate will be low, but if purely using points, then it would not make a difference.
If you want to collect QF FF points and QF SC, better to fly EK with a QF flight number.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
There was a JQ flight from ADL to AKL a few months back, maybe a year or so ago.
I didn't have the chance to take it though.
But transitting via MEL/SYD/BNE is not all that bad, if you leave ADL in the morning and get the evening flight or at least the mid afternoon flight from the eastern state capital to AKL.
Flying LA from SYD - AKL means you have to transit in SYD (stay there overnight) to make it work/worth it for a visit to the QF international J lounge.
Also, flying LA with OW means in J, if collecting QF FF points and QF SC, your earn rate will be low, but if purely using points, then it would not make a difference.
If you want to collect QF FF points and QF SC, better to fly EK with a QF flight number.
BA was showing a ADL-SYD-AKL flight on QF/LA that did not require an overnight. Don't really care about the lounge.

Don't have it in front of me, but something like a 6 am departure our of ADL.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by saaveraward
BA was showing a ADL-SYD-AKL flight on QF/LA that did not require an overnight. Don't really care about the lounge.

Don't have it in front of me, but something like a 6 am departure our of ADL.
QF730 departs ADL at 6am, and arrives at 8.20am. Leaves you 1 hour and 25 mins to make the connection. Not sure if it's a legal connection, but it's definitely not fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.