Wiki Posts
Search

A330 sin-bne-sin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:21 am
Original Poster

A330 sin-bne-sin

Hi all,

What proportion of the A330 fleet now have the new J cabin? Looking to fly A330 SIN-BNE-SIN in October/November. For the dates I am looking Expert Flyer suggests both flights are in the new config. What are the chances of a swap?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mastutio
Hi all,

What proportion of the A330 fleet now have the new J cabin? Looking to fly A330 SIN-BNE-SIN in October/November. For the dates I am looking Expert Flyer suggests both flights are in the new config. What are the chances of a swap?

Thanks in advance
I don't think they're going to be finished the refurbs until well into 2016.

The Shanghai flight yesterday was scheduled for a new plane all of last week and then got pulled just a couple days before the flight. So there's few guarantees.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that. I also found the flight tracker at QANTAS SOURCE and from what I can gather the 28J/269Y is the refurb and the 30J/267Y is the old style. Is that right?

If it is, it looks like recently SIN-BNE has been refurb 60% of the time.

Fingers crossed I suppose
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by mastutio
Thanks for that. I also found the flight tracker at QANTAS SOURCE and from what I can gather the 28J/269Y is the refurb and the 30J/267Y is the old style. Is that right?

If it is, it looks like recently SIN-BNE has been refurb 60% of the time.

Fingers crossed I suppose
Correct - 28J is the new refurb. It's easy to identify on the 'select seats' function on Qantas as it shows 1-2-1 on the seat map (vs 2-2-2).

60% sounds about right at the moment.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA
The seat maps at qantas.com.au suggest that VH-QPA, B, C, D & I are done, with QPE, F, G, H & J remaining to be done. So 50% done, but some preference given to the SIN route perhaps.

Last edited by expatboy; Aug 27, 2015 at 4:21 pm Reason: Corrected link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.