Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How Does the T4 to TBIT Xfer At LAX Work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

If I arrive at LAX on a separate reservation, but can get to T4 Gate 44 staying airside, can I get on the shuttle bus with a reservation print out, or do I need a boarding pass?

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Assuming you are flying QF, pretty sure reservation printout is all thats needed.

Albeit to use the service you will need to have any luggage checked through, so you should be able to get a BP at that point anyway. If you have checked luggage not thru-checked you would need to collect it at T4 which is effectively landside

FYI bus generally leaves at :00 and :30
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Platinum
I did it in June without a boarding pass - they printed that out at the desk where you board the bus. Some technical issue meant I couldn't get my through boarding pass in Boston although my bag was checked all the way through.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yes, they have a terminal and printer set up at gate 44 - I have checked in there (no checked luggage).
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:33 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Often much faster to transfer landside even with the security check at TBIT. I've had the bus take over an hour (getting stuck behind aircraft movements) though that is pretty unusual. I've pretty much given up on the bus
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: BA
Timely...am assuming that AA can check my luggage through from IAH to BNE via LAX? I only have about 2.5 hours for the transfer which is tight given that the inbound flight from IAH was late into LAX by more than 30mins 47% of the time in June!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had the bus take 45 minutes; I don't use it these days either.

I walk - making sure when I exit T4 I do so at the departures level roadway to save a couple of minutes.

Security in the evenings at TBIT generally takes no more than a few minutes these days.

If you really wish to take the bus, it's scheduled to depart every 30 minutes from 4pm; on the hour and half hour. It normally pretty timely - perhaps occasionally departing a few minutes early.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thanks. I am inclined to take the bus only to avoid the more invasive security screening at TBIT that would ensue without having TSA Pre-Check.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by number_6
Often much faster to transfer landside even with the security check at TBIT. I've had the bus take over an hour (getting stuck behind aircraft movements) though that is pretty unusual. I've pretty much given up on the bus
Plus, you get to savor a few minutes of "sidewalks of LAX"... an indelible experience.

Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Plus, you get to savor a few minutes of "sidewalks of LAX"... an indelible experience.

That can be made more palatable be exiting T4 at the departures level (It's not dungeon/Hades like with somewhat fresher air than down below), dodging a few skycaps as you walk the 100 yards or so ...
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Qantas
+1 for Walking. Its less than 10 minutes (possibly 5) and you get some interesting announcement,sight and smells.

They seem to have cleared up the work on the corner between the terminals and TBIT.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:38 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by expatboy
Timely...am assuming that AA can check my luggage through from IAH to BNE via LAX? I only have about 2.5 hours for the transfer which is tight given that the inbound flight from IAH was late into LAX by more than 30mins 47% of the time in June!
That isn't tight -- you have 2 hours slack! And of course AA can check your baggage, even at IAH though maybe more competent at DFW for doing this
Enjoy the trip, next time fly QF DFW-BNE
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:16 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Via SYD or MEL ?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:22 am
Original Member

When DFW-SYD diverts to BNE
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA
That isn't tight -- you have 2 hours slack! And of course AA can check your baggage, even at IAH though maybe more competent at DFW for doing this
Doing a trans-pacific trip in the back of the plane I don't want to fly for any longer than necessary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.