Search

Here's one that Qantas got right

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF CL
Here's one that Qantas got right

Fair credit where it's due.

I recently took up one of Qantas' recent targeted status credit offers. Under this particular offer, after registering I was entitled to earn status credits at a discounted rate on classic award bookings. I made a classic award booking specifically to take advantage of the offer but the status credits were not credited to my account.

I queried this with Qantas who had no record of my having registered for the offer. I couldn't prove that I had done so (note to self - take a screen shot of the confirmation page next time!). I asked for a review and 24 hours later the status credits appeared in my account.

Thanks Qantas - as a loyal customer it was nice to be given the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by Baghoarder
it was nice to be given the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Im cynical- I bet it is a known bug on the registration system and they had someone dig up the record...

Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Lol, I've got a return trip SYD-PER later this year that was booked when that promo offer was sent to me.
Hopefully it will post without intervention
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

I've also got a trip MEL-HKG booked on a subsequent promo offer (50% uplift on status credits earned). I made a point of confirming they had a record of my registration for that one, since it will ensure I re-qualify for WP! Lol
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Baghoarder
I've also got a trip MEL-HKG booked on a subsequent promo offer (50% uplift on status credits earned). I made a point of confirming they had a record of my registration for that one, since it will ensure I re-qualify for WP! Lol
Same thing, I called them up to confirm they could see the registration for the offer was correctly logged against my account. Next time however I will take a screencap as well.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
I did a SYD-BNE-SYD using points in May and had to call up to have SC's credited a week ago. A known bug indeed
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I thought I always got a confirmation email after registration. I never had a problem with the SC eventually crediting to my account.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I thought I always got a confirmation email after registration. I never had a problem with the SC eventually crediting to my account.
This is the only time I ever had a problem with these targeted offers too. There's a confirmation page on the site after you click to register but no email. The Qantas call centre confirmed that to me when I spoke to them to have my SCs credited. They recommend saving a screen shot.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:42 pm

The bonus status credits came through for me automatically two days after the original status credits posted. Impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.