Wiki Posts
Search

Santiago to Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
Santiago to Sydney

I would like to book an award trip from Santiago to Sydney. But when searching on the Qantas site it says these cities are not eligible for award travel. Is that truly the case or am I doing something wrong?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'm seeing the same thing. I assume its a restriction on starting an award itinerary in SCL? Award seats certainly can be booked SCL-SYD given that I can see award availability in Econ and Business for SYD-SCL-SYD on some dates in May and June 2016 (as an arbitrary dummy booking).

Note that flights on LA plastic can only be booked on the QF code share (AFAIK). There are lots of seats on the QF metal flights.

I'd suggest phoning the QF call centre for the booking. The operator should waive booking fees because you can't get this through the web site.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
There are any number of such anomalies on the QF website
Earlier this year I want to book an award PLS-MIA but could not, while MIA-PLS-MIA was no problem

In the end I just phoned and made the booking. Had to pay the booking fee though, QF would not waive it
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:05 pm
RG1

Programs: QF, AA
You can book award travel SCL-SYD.

To find availability I searched for a round-trip ex SYD using a random date for the outbound and the desired return date. Once I found the SCL-SYD flight I wanted I called QF and mentioned the error the website shows and the operator booked the award for me without the booking fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.