Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Can't OLCI for WLG-BKK from NZ within T-24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Hi all, trying to OLCI from NZ for WLG-SYD-BKK but OLCI button simply has remained 'greyed out' even tough inside T-24.

APIS information is all entered, and there is no reason I can think of other than the Q class economy fare....

Thoughts?
Old May 29, 2015, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Hi all, trying to OLCI from NZ for WLG-SYD-BKK but OLCI button simply has remained 'greyed out' even tough inside T-24.

APIS information is all entered, and there is no reason I can think of other than the Q class economy fare....

Thoughts?
Are you within 24 hours of the Sydney departure time?
Old May 29, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No. I have (vague) recollection though that when doing this in the past there was no issue OLCI from WLG. I was either QC or Silver (nothing at present).

I'll wait and see I guess.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:57 pm

When you are within 24 hours of departure time of the flight from Sydney, I think you will find that online checkin will become available

Had the same issue with a PER-MEL-AKL trip last weekend - until it was within 24 hours of the MEL-AKL departure time, online checkin was unavalable
Old May 29, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. It will interesting to see, as your first sector was domestic Australian, whereas mine is international. Both flights appear very lighted loaded from what I can see and EF and QF web seat purchase.

Exit rows on the WLG-SYD are now available for AUD25, but I'd hoped to grab them for nix!

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; May 29, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Old May 29, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, I could OLCI at exactly T-24 for the SYD-BKK flight. However, row 4 and exit rows not available to me WLG-SYD, and the forward cabin on SYd-BKK likewise blocked. Plenty of seats according to EF.

I presume the limited seat choices is a consequence of being a NB on a Q class fare, so an 'own goal'. Cheers, TK
Old May 29, 2015, 6:07 pm

Well, I could OLCI at exactly T-24 for the SYD-BKK flight. However, row 4 and exit rows not available to me WLG-SYD, and the forward cabin on SYd-BKK likewise blocked. Plenty of seats according to EF.

I presume the limited seat choices is a consequence of being a NB on a Q class fare, so an 'own goal'. Cheers, TK
Given that QF is charging for exit rows, seems unsurprising to me that they were unavailable
Old May 29, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Given that QF is charging for exit rows, seems unsurprising to me that they were unavailable
Exit row seats were not available to purchase during OLCI process (but were seconds prior to OLCI). had I known that prior to going with OLCI, I may have coughed up the AUD25.

I guess I may have been able to exit the OCLI process to go back and purchase seats - but that seems a rather clumsy approach. I'll see what is available during physical check-in.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
When you are within 24 hours of departure time of the flight from Sydney, I think you will find that online checkin will become available

Had the same issue with a PER-MEL-AKL trip last weekend - until it was within 24 hours of the MEL-AKL departure time, online checkin was unavalable
Yes QF OLCI requires to be within 24 hours of departure for all connecting flights. Makes LHR-SYD-xxx impossible to OLCI
Old May 30, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: BA
Interesting...is this T-24 for connecting flights the case for QF metal sold under a BA codeshare? We have an upcoming trip BNE-SIN-LHR all booked under the BA codes. I half thought I'd be able to OLCI on ba.com.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expatboy
Interesting...is this T-24 for connecting flights the case for QF metal sold under a BA codeshare? We have an upcoming trip BNE-SIN-LHR all booked under the BA codes. I half thought I'd be able to OLCI on ba.com.
I once booked a WLG-SYD-BKK on the BA website with the first flight as BA codeshare on QF metal. Couldn't OLCI with BA nor QF. I think because either the QF flight is operated by jetconnect which is a NZ based wholly owned subsidiary of QF, or simply because it was a codeshare.

I hope things have changed.
Old May 30, 2015, 4:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I once booked a WLG-SYD-BKK on the BA website with the first flight as BA codeshare on QF metal. Couldn't OLCI with BA nor QF. I think because either the QF flight is operated by jetconnect which is a NZ based wholly owned subsidiary of QF, or simply because it was a codeshare.

I hope things have changed.
I don't think codeshares are the reason. My recent case being unable to OLCI involved only QF marketed and operated flights.
Old May 31, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes QF OLCI requires to be within 24 hours of departure for all connecting flights. Makes LHR-SYD-xxx impossible to OLCI
Not impoissible

There are ways around it that I have been successful with ... PM me if you are interested ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.