QF First Class

Old May 25, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
The F Lounge in LAX isn't too bad. The salt and pepper squid is as good as back in Australia and definitely worthwhile trying.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:29 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
On the food, I find the opposite (better of out LAX). Maybe because I always order the fish dish, and the fish is better out of LAX. LAX has Chile Sea Bass or Halibut. SYD/MEL serves Australian fish like Barramundi, which I do not like as well as Sea Bass. I know Barramundi is viewed as a substitute for Sea Bass - but I will take the Sea Bass. Just personal preference.

Champagnes are not as good since they dropped Dom Perignon and Krug, in my view. They seem to serve Heidsieck and mostly Taittinger now.
Heidsieck is not on the F menu at all. If you were served it the catering was wrongly loaded.
F Champagne on QF is currently one of the following:
Taittinger Comtes De Champagne
Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame
Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill

I haven't had the Winston Churchill very often, went through a phase of LGD but my last 4 sectors have had C de C (it's my favourite as its the most approachable of the three IMO).
Old May 27, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Heidsieck is not on the F menu at all. If you were served it the catering was wrongly loaded.

I haven't had the Winston Churchill very often, went through a phase of LGD but my last 4 sectors have had C de C (it's my favourite as its the most approachable of the three IMO).
It is the pre-departure where they serve Heidsieck in F. They have to buy at LAX. Once airborne they can serve the better stuff.
Old May 28, 2015, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by cova
It is the pre-departure where they serve Heidsieck in F. They have to buy at LAX. Once airborne they can serve the better stuff.
I'll have to make sure I avoid F from LAX then, nasty stuff
Old May 28, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
The amenity kit is shameful for a premium F class product. It's a J class standard at best. Otherwise awesome experience. I've only ever flown SYD/DXB/LHR sectors however.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
The amenity kit is shameful for a premium F class product. It's a J class standard at best. Otherwise awesome experience. I've only ever flown SYD/DXB/LHR sectors however.
What is wrong with the QF amenity kits? I thought the SK-II ones are quite good. Has everything you need, and definitely a premium brand.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
What is wrong with the QF amenity kits? I thought the SK-II ones are quite good. Has everything you need, and definitely a premium brand.
In what way are the F pajamas so much better than J? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226447674305
Old May 29, 2015, 1:51 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by MarkP24
In what way are the F pajamas so much better than J? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226447674305
Different colour and they don't have a bloody big kangaroo printed on the front.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by og
Different colour and they don't have a bloody big kangaroo printed on the front.
Doesn't sound like something to get too excited over.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Platinum A332
I agree with Cedar Jet. The amenity kits are pretty rubbish. Very poor quality pleather bag, no hair brush (used to be one). Not a fan of SK-II at all, flimsy science and no substance. I really wish they'd tee up with a premium Aussie skin care brand eg. Aēsop (realize they are already in with CX ) and change the cheap, tacky packaging.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:08 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I agree with Cedar Jet. The amenity kits are pretty rubbish. Very poor quality pleather bag, no hair brush (used to be one). Not a fan of SK-II at all, flimsy science and no substance. I really wish they'd tee up with a premium Aussie skin care brand eg. Aēsop (realize they are already in with CX ) and change the cheap, tacky packaging.
Our Cate can promote it all she wants, however it contained toxic ingredients and was globally withdrawn for sale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SK-II#Toxic_ingredients

Now tell me that Japanese tale again...
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
The j kits are,actually pretty nice. Kate spade designs and this year's is a bright multicolored one that is easy to find in your suitcase as opposed to grey or black.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:49 pm

Anyone know what the business class champagne is? I was recently on QF9 and had Pol Roger the first leg and pre take off second leg. Then they switched to another champagne not on the F list. I can't remember the name though but will know it if someone says. I suspect they ran out but not sure.
I've had LGD only on previous flights. Still waiting to see the Taittinger which is the one I'd most like to try of course.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.