Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Cathy Diamond level access to Dubai Emirates Lounge

Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:19 am
Original Poster

I am about to fly on a Qantus flight LHR-SYD business class.

I am a One World Emerald status (Cathy DM) holder. I understand the Qantus flights go to the Emirates terminal in Dubai and use the Emirates lounges. Can anyone let me know if OW Emerald status will get me in the Emirates First lounge in Dubai when flying bis with Qantus?

Thanks for any advice
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:42 am

If you're on a Qantas flight, then yes.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...egory=qcLounge

Eligible oneworld Status
Emerald

Next onward flight that day must be on a Qantas operated and marketed flight.

One guest allowed and must be travelling on a Qantas operated and marketed flight.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

I am QF2 - thanks so much for your help here.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This thread belongs to the QF forum... moving over.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:30 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by DH188
If you're on a Qantas flight, then yes.
..... though be prepared for it to take several minutes to gain access. Based on my experience over the last year or so (based on several visits when flying MEL-DXB-LHR or vice versa) they seem to be unfamiliar with the notion of non-QF oneworld Emeralds being admitted. They usually look at the boarding pass, somewhat confused, then pound on the keyboard, then talk to the colleague at the next desk and then go off down the end and keyboard pound some more and talk to someone else and then eventually come back and let us in. Obviously, YMMV but for me - who has no interest in flying through DXB and would much rather go through SIN or HKG - it's just one more reason why the QF-EK alliance is of zero interest.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by tt7
..... though be prepared for it to take several minutes to gain access. Based on my experience over the last year or so (based on several visits when flying MEL-DXB-LHR or vice versa) they seem to be unfamiliar with the notion of non-QF oneworld Emeralds being admitted. They usually look at the boarding pass, somewhat confused, then pound on the keyboard, then talk to the colleague at the next desk and then go off down the end and keyboard pound some more and talk to someone else and then eventually come back and let us in. Obviously, YMMV but for me - who has no interest in flying through DXB and would much rather go through SIN or HKG - it's just one more reason why the QF-EK alliance is of zero interest.
I had a similar reaction at the EK SIN lounge because my SIN-BNE QF flight was printed on an MH stock boarding card.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:07 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tt7
Obviously, YMMV but for me - who has no interest in flying through DXB and would much rather go through SIN or HKG - it's just one more reason why the QF-EK alliance is of zero interest.
Isn't it just awful that you can access all of OW and the EK network?

Pfffffft. Don't like it, fly BA or CX or MH.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tt7
Obviously, YMMV but for me - who has no interest in flying through DXB and would much rather go through SIN or HKG - it's just one more reason why the QF-EK alliance is of zero interest.

No one is forced to fly on Qantas or Emirates

Few people have interest in flying through any airport - I have trouble seeing how Dubai is any worse than Hong Kong as an airport - connecting from QF-QF in Dubai is a pretty short walk

Fortunately there are many airlines - and a reasonable number serve Australia so plenty to choose from if wating to avoid Dubai. Singapore Airlines provides a great option for travel via Singapore
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Interestingly the QF ground staff at LHR didn't know. They spoke to EK ground staff who said no - I will give it a try!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:09 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rodge
Interestingly the QF ground staff at LHR didn't know. They spoke to EK ground staff who said no - I will give it a try!
Pretty explanatory on the OW website http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Emirates First Lounge
Location details: Terminal 3, Concourse A, Level U3
Opening hours: Daily: 24hrs
Notes: Available to Emerald members when their next onward flight is operated and marketed by Qantas.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Qantas
Old May 5, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Got in no problems at all on both there and back flights. Lounge is huge with shops in it. I spoke to one of the Emirates staff who said better to show a boarding pass with Emerald rather than a non Qantus Emerald card.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Got in no problems at all on both there and back flights. Lounge is huge with shops in it. I spoke to one of the Emirates staff who said better to show a boarding pass with Emerald rather than a non Qantus Emerald card.
Thanks for reporting back.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:23 am

QantAs
Old May 7, 2015, 4:29 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Who on earth is Cathy Diamond?
Old May 7, 2015, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Michael Diamond's ex?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/t...-1226206921608

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.