FF Changes

Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:23 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

FF Changes

Hi - quick question - because I can't seem to find the details on the Qantas website ... what is the change fee in terms of points deducted on an award booking. We had to make a change to one leg of our journey and it was 7,000 points (for two people). I thought it was 2,500 each but perhaps that has changed. I looked at the long ream of legal jargon on T&C but couldn't find the actual number.
Also - is anyone else having issues with the Qantas booking website? It doesn't allow searches - no option to select one way, number of adults etc. It was like this two days ago when I tried to make the change online but it wouldn't allow me to search options ... and it's still that way!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:31 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'd phone an operator. Since the start of this month (and earlier?) phone operators (3 different occasions) have specifically said to me "since you can't do this on the web site, there is no booking charge".
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:35 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

Good idea, will try it - I did mention to the operator at the time that the only reason I was calling was because I couldn't do it online ... very frustrating waiting on the phone for a long time with repeated reminders to make changes online - but their website isn't working!
Does that point deduction seem right - 3,500 each for a change?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by VLJ
Does that point deduction seem right - 3,500 each for a change?
Yes. Do a search on the QF website - such as "award booking change fees". The right section is in the Terms and Conditions - after Section 24.7. https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn...m/terms#jump24
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:51 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

Thanks og - the link is helpful - I see it offers a monetary charge which I would prefer - but wasn't offered.
I will try calling a consultant re the deductions.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VLJ
Thanks og - the link is helpful - I see it offers a monetary charge which I would prefer - but wasn't offered.
I will try calling a consultant re the deductions.
I cannot see where it mentions a cash option for making the change

Originally Posted by QF
For Classic Flight Reward changes: 3,500 Points per passenger.

Where changes are made to Classic Flight Rewards via Qantas Contact Centres, Service Fees (below) are payable in addition to the Change Fee.
if you were charged 7,000 for 2 , then seems that they didnt charge the service fee, but charged only the 3,500 per passenger
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:18 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

Thanks Dave will check the credit card to see if they have charged fees.

The option to pay cash instead of deduct points is in the right hand margin of the link og sent re the change fees.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VLJ
Thanks Dave will check the credit card to see if they have charged fees.

The option to pay cash instead of deduct points is in the right hand margin of the link og sent re the change fees.
Where abouts is it ? I cannot see it for changes

The only cash offering in making a change that I can see is that the contact centre fee may be possible in cash
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:26 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

Thanks for pointing that out - I must have misread - I was thinking award assistance = on award flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.