Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy Was Excellent!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Interesting. Which booking class were you booked in, and which booking classes were you comparing? On a quick and dirty search, QF ex-UK still looks like it's generally at least several hundred pounds more than BA if there are no availability problems.
I was booked into R or W. Not sure which without digging out my documentation.

And what I said was champagne may have been Aussie sparkling wine - one one flight the FA called it champagne on the next a different FA called it sparkling wine. I wasn't that bothered to actually find out... Again, on BA I'm not used to getting anything sparkling in WT+/PE...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL 360, Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I was on the A380. I'm no expert on official seat stats, but the QF seat seemed at least as wide and felt like it had more legroom. I can't straighten my legs on BA WT+ but could here. I loved having a little storage bin next to my window seat which I used for things I would use during the flight so didn't need to keep going back to the overhead storage bin.
Interesting. Given that it is 2-3-2 on the 380 (albeit upper deck), I'd expected it to be a little wider than the BA seats.

The storage bin and leg room definitely sound like a big plus.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Astronomer
Interesting. Given that it is 2-3-2 on the 380 (albeit upper deck), I'd expected it to be a little wider than the BA seats.

The storage bin and leg room definitely sound like a big plus.
You're probably right about the seat width. I just don't know where to look for data like that and am not really interested enough to learn .

I found the storage bin very useful.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:58 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
You're probably right about the seat width. I just don't know where to look for data like that and am not really interested enough to learn .
Since you're not interested in seat width, then you're probably not going to be interested in www.seatguru.com that will answer these issues for QF and BA seats.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by og
Since you're not interested in seat width, then you're probably not going to be interested in www.seatguru.com that will answer these issues for QF and BA seats.
Since I am interested, your link was definitely very helpful. I feel like a bit of rookie for not checking Seatguru myself.

The QF seat seems to be 19.5 inches wide with a pitch of 38 to 42 inches. That sounds pretty good and I believe is industry leading. CX and TK also appear to have the same seat width. The other interesting thing is that NZ's PE on their 77W appear to be 20 inches! I wonder whether they decided that's too generous and are therefore doing away with the Spaceseat and getting back to a 19 inch version of the 789s and the refurbished 772s.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:47 pm

Just booked ORD-DFW-SYD-AKL-MEL-LAX-ORD on QF PE. Got a decent fare of $3300 flying out mid-Dec and returning mid-Jan.

Can't wait to try it out. This will be my 3rd trip on the QF 380 with the previous two being in F and J respectively.
Old May 8, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Astronomer
Since I am interested, your link was definitely very helpful. I feel like a bit of rookie for not checking Seatguru myself.

The QF seat seems to be 19.5 inches wide with a pitch of 38 to 42 inches. That sounds pretty good and I believe is industry leading.
Actually Turkish Airlines 'Comfort Class' seems to be the industry leader, with 46' pitch and a 2-3-2 configuration on their 77Ws.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Unfortunately, many people call sparkling wine "Champagne"...
It's just a gimmick forced by lawyers to fence in the market - imagine the Iranians lobbying to restrict the name Shiraz to Iranian wines, or Germany and the Czech Republic banning breweries the world over from using the name Pils(ner) as a type of beer.

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Actually Turkish Airlines 'Comfort Class' seems to be the industry leader, with 46' pitch and a 2-3-2 configuration on their 77Ws.
Interesting, though their route-map might prove to be an issue when competing with QF's product. Has anyone checked out those 46" pitch seats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.