Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

LHR-DXB delayed for 12 hours... 3 days now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Etihad Silver

Any idea why both flights from LHR-DXB are delayed for the passed 3 days.

I'm on the flight tonight and it's been delayed by 12 hours.

The afternoon flight has been delayed by 6 hours for the past 3 days and the night flight delayed for 12 hours for the past 3 days.

Am I entitled to compensation?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Inbound flights DXB-LHR seem on or close to schedule. Perhaps it's due to DXB construction delays and revised arrival slots?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Etihad Silver
Found the answer. 3 days ago a qantas went tech. So it's got a rolling effect since. Their planes aren't stopping for more than 2 hrs at Heathrow.

So I'll be on the plane that arrives tomorrow morning from Dxb.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:30 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by audi2111
Their planes aren't stopping for more than 2 hrs at Heathrow.
Its cost cutting. Less to pay for aircraft parking at LHR.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: QFF
VH-OQG went tech after arriving at LHR on the 28th as QF1. The ex-LHR flights have been delayed since with QF2 delayed overnight awaiting the QF1 aircraft and QF10 delayed 5-6 hours awaiting the QF9 aircraft.

I assume being an aircraft down and the rolling delays caused QF11 to be operated by VH-OEB yesterday.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by audi2111
Any idea why both flights from LHR-DXB are delayed for the passed 3 days.

I'm on the flight tonight and it's been delayed by 12 hours.

The afternoon flight has been delayed by 6 hours for the past 3 days and the night flight delayed for 12 hours for the past 3 days.

Am I entitled to compensation?
Yes you are entitled to compensation. This flight is subject to EC 261/2004. It is detailed in the QF Conditions of Carriage.
You will need to make a claim through customer care. If your flight lands more than 4 hours late the amount due is €600 per passenger.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Yes you are entitled to compensation. This flight is subject to EC 261/2004. It is detailed in the QF Conditions of Carriage.
You will need to make a claim through customer care. If your flight lands more than 4 hours late the amount due is €600 per passenger.
I am sure that QF will do their best NOT TO PAY the EC261/2004 compensation. If they did, those three days may easily cost them over $1 million. Yes, I know - not everyone on every of those flight would claim, but just theoretically...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I am sure that QF will do their best NOT TO PAY the EC261/2004 compensation. If they did, those three days may easily cost them over $1 million. Yes, I know - not everyone on every of those flight would claim, but just theoretically...
I don't doubt it. Quite how they will be able to do that though I don't know. I'd think not many passengers would make a claim or even know that it's possible to do so.
I was travelling ex-LHR during the delays and have submitted a claim through Customer Care. I will report back when and if I hear anything from them.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I was travelling ex-LHR during the delays and have submitted a claim through Customer Care. I will report back when and if I hear anything from them.
Thanks, I would love to hear the outcome...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:05 pm

I don't doubt it. Quite how they will be able to do that though I don't know. I'd think not many passengers would make a claim or even know that it's possible to do so.
Good point - dont Qantas have a legal obligation to inform passengers about their right to claim ?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by drb1979
Good point - dont Qantas have a legal obligation to inform passengers about their right to claim ?
Sure do.

Wikipedia entry

Dave
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drb1979
It does, but the airlines believe that they meet that obligation by putting leaflet type thing on the checkin desk to mention that if a flight is delayed that you may be entitled to compensation rather than explicitly telling each affected passenger

I do not think that there has been any case which has ruled otherwise
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It does, but the airlines believe that they meet that obligation by putting leaflet type thing on the checkin desk to mention that if a flight is delayed that you may be entitled to compensation rather than explicitly telling each affected passenger

I do not think that there has been any case which has ruled otherwise
I remember when I was backing packing and was bumped by LH as the Economy cabin was overbooked and told by check in to go the ticketing office to rearrange my travel. I picked up the the leaflet as I turned to leave and was then called back as they had just decided that I could be upgraded to Business Class, I was *S at the time.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I remember when I was backing packing and was bumped by LH as the Economy cabin was overbooked and told by check in to go the ticketing office to rearrange my travel. I picked up the the leaflet as I turned to leave and was then called back as they had just decided that I could be upgraded to Business Class, I was *S at the time.
LH don't like giving back money (funny about that). Mrs og was invol downgraded on a short Euro flight and, while the rebooking person said "we compensate E200 for this", getting it took 2 hrs and a firm "no, no credit voucher - we want cash - now please" and lots of walking in FRA to find the right person. Then they couldn't find the person with the key to the petty cash tin. This was only a couple of years ago.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

For a downgrade where EC261 applies, the entitlement is a percentage (30% on fllight < 1500km )of the ticket price but only has to be paid within 7 days. No entitlement to being paid cash there and then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.