Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas offers New Zealanders a Gold status match

Qantas offers New Zealanders a Gold status match

Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
Originally Posted by jjangoo
how long did it take to receive confirmation of the status match? i submitted the application over 24h ago
I submitted mine about 8:30pm on Monday night. No response yet other than the 'Thank you for your application' email.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:43 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ajobbins
I submitted mine about 8:30pm on Monday night. No response yet other than the 'Thank you for your application' email.
Your location says MEL. I suspect they will deny anyone that has recently changed addresses in their profile.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Your location says MEL. I suspect they will deny anyone that has recently changed addresses in their profile.
My QFF account has always been registered to my NZ address
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:04 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
My QFF account has always been registered to my NZ address
Then you're probably in luck!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Then you're probably in luck!
Wish they would process it already (one way or another). The suspense is killing me.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:44 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Wish they would process it already (one way or another). The suspense is killing me.
It seems to be successful for all the posts I read except one where they asked for the person to supply information they left out.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
updated on my qantas profile today as gold
anniversary date for me remains 31 MAR 2015 but i assume that I get 1 month + 1 full year of gold based on offer terms. If only my anniversary was in January haha!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
My status now reflects SG.. Back to having status on both *A and OW!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ANZ787900
My status now reflects SG.. Back to having status on both *A and OW!

Where does it show Gold status for you? How long did it take for the website to update after you received the status match approval email?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: NZ (LT Koru); QF (WP & LTG); FJ (Tabua)
What are the chances of NZ reciprocating?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on this? I applied Feb. 23 and nothing since the "thank you for your application" email.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by iahphx
Any updates on this? I applied Feb. 23 and nothing since the "thank you for your application" email.
Most people who applied have reported back a match within 24 hours of applying online, and their Qantas FF profile also updated after 3-4 days (from reports on this thread or a similar one in the Air NZ forums).

No reports of anyone receiving the physical card/baggage tags yet in the mail, I assume those would be another week or so.

That's what I have experienced as well.

If you still haven't gotten a reply back, I would suggest try again or call up their customer support line to enquire.

Else it might be that your application's been rejected or need further information to proceed (such as your existing FF's account activities/other proof of holding elite status).
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
9 days later: Rejected. No reason given.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
9 days later: Rejected. No reason given.
Same. I got an email that said:

Thank you for your recent application for one year of complimentary Qantas Gold Frequent Flyer status.

Unfortunately we were not able to approve your application as your supplied proof of Qualifying Status level did not meet our requirements.

Please can you resupply a photo or scanned copy of your physical Competitor Frequent Flyer Program membership card that clearly identifies your full name, current elite tier/status level, membership number and expiry.

Please ensure the details are legible and not manipulated in any way.

For further information and full terms and conditions please click here.

Please resubmit your application with the required proof of qualification as specified above or contact [email protected] with any questions.
I had supplied my a clear picture of my gold card with all the details they asked. I emailed the address in the mail, but it just bounced.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...py?answer=7720
[(0) qantasgold.qantas.com. [128.199.93.143]:25: socket error]
Resubmitted with an even higher res photo of my card, but the email back says now give them 28 days to respond.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Same. I got an email that said:

I had supplied my a clear picture of my gold card with all the details they asked. I emailed the address in the mail, but it just bounced.

Resubmitted with an even higher res photo of my card, but the email back says now give them 28 days to respond.
Maybe there were too many non-NZ residents trying to get in on the act.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.