Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF476 27/1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
QF476 27/1

QF476 PER-MEL yesterday was an "interesting" flight.

For a start, the aircraft had been sitting for some time and was like an oven. Once we were out on the taxiway, the pilot told us that internal comms to FAs wasn't working and it would be a couple of mins until he rebooted the system. After a couple of mins, we returned to the gate. After about 15 mins more, the captain said that as it was 32 degrees in the cabin we were allowed to disembark. They obviously hoped that a resolution would be found, as we were allowed to leave our bags behind. (I, dare I say wisely, ignored that offer.)

A couple of hours later, they found us another plane (the incoming QF577 from SYD), transferred hand luggage over, then spent ages boarding. I'm assuming this is because the new plane was an international config A332 (which is what ours was originally supposed to be!) so about 8 rows are missing.

Scheduled: 13:10-19:45
Actual gate to gate: 16:28-22:55
Actual flight: 16:38-22:49

Today I received an email from Qantas, of course offering nothing but an apology.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Today I received an email from Qantas, of course offering nothing but an apology.
You were lucky you received that to be honest.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by seat_4D
You were lucky you received that to be honest.
I guess so, but I compare this to Delta in a similar situation who sent a discount code in the email. Smart move, unlike Qantas.

It wasn't too bad for me, but the guy next to me who was heading home to Phillip Island was going to have a late night.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It sounds like Qantas handled the situation particularly well in this situation

In the end a 3 hour delay and wouldn't expect QF to be giving away compensation for it. If it sent an unsolicited apology, that is beyond what I would have expected
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Did they offer anything during the delay - for example a $value for a snack or coffee in the terminal? On my one and only previous QF Dom delay (2 hours) in many many sectors they did offer (in MEL) $20 value to any pax showing a BP to a vendor to get a snack or coffee etc (I went to the lounge, of course ). I felt that was impressive service recovery right when you wanted it.. there and then. It may be harder in PER, I am not certain as to the terminal ownership there in terms of QF being able to easily do this.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It sounds like Qantas handled the situation particularly well in this situation
Yes, they did pretty well. FAs really tried hard to serve us well on the new flight too, once we got going, though I took the last of the best meal choice and my seatmate missed out.

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Did they offer anything during the delay - for example a $value for a snack or coffee in the terminal?
I've had food/drink coupons for delays in MEL before too. This time, no, nothing at all offered. As I was in J, I just went back to the QP, but it wasn't so nice if you were in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.