Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF1 (DXB-LHR) 19/12/2014 - Loads

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
W is not sold out. The actual availability (from the Qantas system) for this flight is:

F0 J3 W2 Y35

In terms of re-protecting passengers if necessary, there is plenty of space on the QF9 to LHR at 08:30:

F7 J19 W5 Y20
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by AndyGreen
W is not sold out. The actual availability (from the Qantas system) for this flight is:

F0 J3 W2 Y35

In terms of re-protecting passengers if necessary, there is plenty of space on the QF9 to LHR at 08:30:

F7 J19 W5 Y20
W just re-opened today, probably that W2 is linked to J3....meaning they would take the W revenue already knowing they may upgrade people to J....
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hi, could someone please provide me with an update about the above mentioned flight loads?

Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:36 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Hi, could someone please provide me with an update about the above mentioned flight loads?

Thanks a lot!
If you want to continually monitor flight availability day by day, why not sign up for ExpertFlyer? You can pay for a month at a time.

If you're worried about being bumped, then I would suggest doing OLCI when it opens and getting to the airport in good time.

I would not expect an upgrade either due to the way QFF upgrades work, they are never confirmed until the days leading up to the flight and are processed by QFF status. Customers can request upgrades from Y to J as well as from W to J so even if W is oversold then I would expect QFF passengers who have applied for an upgrade to be cleared, then if needed further QFF passengers would be upgraded by status. The flight is zeroed out in all classes for both a US and UK POS.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
If you want to continually monitor flight availability day by day, why not sign up for ExpertFlyer? You can pay for a month at a time.

If you're worried about being bumped, then I would suggest doing OLCI when it opens and getting to the airport in good time.

I would not expect an upgrade either due to the way QFF upgrades work, they are never confirmed until the days leading up to the flight and are processed by QFF status. Customers can request upgrades from Y to J as well as from W to J so even if W is oversold then I would expect QFF passengers who have applied for an upgrade to be cleared, then if needed further QFF passengers would be upgraded by status. The flight is zeroed out in all classes for both a US and UK POS.
Thanks a lot nux, I did not know about the chance to get a monthly membership, will do so!

In terms of volunteering to be off loaded do you think they would put me in J the day after if I agree no other compensation to be claimed? What shall I ask for for leaving the morning after in W? Just would like to have some guideline as I will be very flexible with dates.

Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:54 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
For a VFF (very frequent flyer) with high status, an EF subscription or KVS subscription is very useful investment. Particularly if "DIY" is of interest to the same VFF.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:52 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In terms of volunteering to be off loaded do you think they would put me in J the day after if I agree no other compensation to be claimed? What shall I ask for for leaving the morning after in W? Just would like to have some guideline as I will be very flexible with dates.
If a later flight has enough seats in J to cover the expected demand then it is possible.

EDIT: Below does not apply to a QF DXB-LHR flight.
EU261 sets out the mandatory compensation for denied boarding and downgrades, so if what you are asking for would cost the airline more than that then they are more likely to deny it.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html

Last edited by nux; Dec 16, 2014 at 3:26 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
If a later flight has enough seats in J to cover the expected demand then it is possible.

EU261 sets out the mandatory compensation for denied boarding and downgrades, so if what you are asking for would cost the airline more than that then they are more likely to deny it.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html
Thanks.

Please can you confirm a QF flight (on QF paper) from DXB to LHR is covered by EU Regulation 261/2004?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:24 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please can you confirm a QF flight (on QF paper) from DXB to LHR is covered by EU Regulation 261/2004?
Sorry my mistake, you would not be covered by EU261 in this case. Hence, you probably have less bargaining power as there is no mandatory compensation.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Sorry my mistake, you would not be covered by EU261 in this case. Hence, you probably have less bargaining power as there is no mandatory compensation.
Cheers

At this point I think an upgrade to J on the next morning flight (which leaves 6 hours later) and a night in an airport hotel would be fair enough?

I will let you know how it goes.....
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Qf1: F1 j0 w1 y2
qf9: F7 j5 w5 y22
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Agree EF is a must. well worth it just on the use I've had in the past month or two. I also signed on initially to 5 days free(not sure if that is still being offered).

There seems a bit of worry here that bumping *will* happen, really there's no reason to think it will happen, and to any particular pax IMHO. QF could always protect onto either their or EK metal. if you must be "stuck" somewhere, surely there are worse than DXB in terms of feed opportunities imho.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Agree EF is a must. well worth it just on the use I've had in the past month or two. I also signed on initially to 5 days free(not sure if that is still being offered).

There seems a bit of worry here that bumping *will* happen, really there's no reason to think it will happen, and to any particular pax IMHO. QF could always protect onto either their or EK metal. if you must be "stuck" somewhere, surely there are worse than DXB in terms of feed opportunities imho.
Thanks RichardMEL,

I actually signed up for a monthly premium service now.

To be honest I am not worried at all about a bumping as I am actually volunteering only because I would like to experience J class. So I was wondering if a voluntary bumping could lead to an upgrade on a following flight, without any additional compensation.

If I have to fly out as scheduled no problems at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.