Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How to select meal (Q-Eat) and chauffeur drive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

I have two award bookings (made with AA), one including LAX-SYD in F, and another SYD-NRT in J. The Qantas website says I can select my meal on the J flight, and I can book a chauffeur for my arrival into SYD on the F flight. But I can't see any way to do so. The website links all go to Manage My Booking, but nowhere on there can I find how to do either. Am I just missing an obvious link?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:54 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
IIRC the eating option appears on MMB at about T-7 days. No idea about chauffeur drive since it is no longer available for J LAX-SYD ( ) - as I recently learnt.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I finally got through to Qantas and they told me that the chauffeur drive is only available if both ends of the flight are eligible, so LAX-SYD in F doesn't count. As og noted, the meal option isn't available until 7 days out.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:27 pm

i'm booked in F, LAX MEL.
My flight is 6 days out, i still dont see Q-eat options under manage my bookings.
Where is one supposed to see the link?

Should I just call them?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:55 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Q-eat meal would be a giant step down from the normal F service I suppose QF will be happy to substitute a $10 meal for their normal $150 meal service, if you insist.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:05 am

Chauffeur drive on US routes was discontinued a few years ago due to "low take-up".
And Q-Eat isn't offered for F.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:05 pm

i thought it was the equivalent of being able to pick the specific meal that you want? LIke say what SQ / JL offers?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Q-Eat for Y, W & J - on that flight it's "Supper"

In First, you choose from the menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.