Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Qantas Frequent Flyer, Middle East/Asia/Oceania

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Qantas Frequent Flyer? PLEASE READ POST BELOW FIRST
800 minimum points
16.67%
Choice Rewards when hitting 2400 SCs
0%
Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests
8.33%
Additional award seat availability
8.33%
Any Seat Awards
0%
Lifetime Status
50.00%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Qantas Frequent Flyer, Middle East/Asia/Oceania

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:20 am
No longer at FT -- contact IBJoel please
Original Poster

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the official January ballot for the 2015 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all benefits polls can be found here.

This poll will close December 16, 2014.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 20, 2015. For more information on the Awards, and last year's results, click here.

Happy voting!

-The FT Team
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
In regards to the first benefit, QFF was changed "Fairer and Simpiler" enhancements mean there is no longer the 1000 points minimum.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests" does not apply to every QF freq flyer

Questions show a basic lack of understanding of the QF ffp and status benefits
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:28 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
"Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests" does not apply to every QF freq flyer

Benefits only need to be available to any program member to qualify for an Award.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do they ever?

Benefits that are only available to a small subset of members are hardly likely to be viewed as great benefits to the many who will never have such a benefir
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:43 pm

Any program that charges you almost as much in cash for an award redemption as for an outright purchase is hardly worthwhile. Add to that the increasingly hard to get higher classes & the even rarer upgrades further reduces the program.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Lifetime status as a benefit is diminished by only being available at Oneworld ruby (useless) and Oneworld sapphire (okay) levels. It would be much more worthwhile at Oneworld emerald level, and also then more comparable with other FFPs which have lifetime status offerings.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBobi

Benefits only need to be available to any program member to qualify for an Award.
Access on arrival including 2 guests is not available to any program member. Only the few % with the appropriate status.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:21 am

Access on arrival including 2 guests is not available to any program member. Only the few % with the appropriate status.
if the basis is that any benefit regardless of how few members are eligible for it ( as implied by the reply you were given), then I propose access to the Chairman's Lounge when travelling domestically as being the best benefit
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:27 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Meaning at least one program member, not ALL program members. All benefits are eligible for voting.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Meaning at least one program member, not ALL program members. All benefits are eligible for voting.
I which case it should read: "Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests for Platinum and higher status".

None of those are really outstanding benefits - doesn't say much the for the program these days if a "best benefit" needs to be selected from that lot.

Sadly, I can't think of any better benefit to nominate ...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:25 pm

In which case, I definitely propose Chairman's Lounge access when travelling domestically as being the best benefit
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

With respect that can't possibly be right. Every FFP I know has extra special benefits, usually unpublished, for the very few best members which they select.

That is not what has been included in the polls for the half dozen or so that I've looked at. For example no "get an aircraft named after you" listed in United, yet they provided this benefit to one FFP member, FTer ua1flyer.

Indeed FFPs may not want people disclosing these extra special benefits.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
In which case, I definitely propose Chairman's Lounge access when travelling domestically as being the best benefit
I can top that. A free* flight in first class on QF A380. (*Free as in no $ or points or other currency paid.)
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I can top that. A free* flight in first class on QF A380. (*Free as in no $ or points or other currency paid.)
is that a benefit that is related to FF membership? also where is the flight 'cos that affects value

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.