Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Qantas Frequent Flyer, Middle East/Asia/Oceania

View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Qantas Frequent Flyer? PLEASE READ POST BELOW FIRST
800 minimum points
16.67%
Choice Rewards when hitting 2400 SCs
0%
Domestic Lounge Access on arrival incl 2 guests
8.33%
Additional award seat availability
8.33%
Any Seat Awards
0%
Lifetime Status
50.00%
I nominate a different benefit see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

FlyerTalk 2015 Awards benefits - Qantas Frequent Flyer, Middle East/Asia/Oceania

Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:01 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
With respect that can't possibly be right. Every FFP I know has extra special benefits, usually unpublished, for the very few best members which they select.

That is not what has been included in the polls for the half dozen or so that I've looked at. For example no "get an aircraft named after you" listed in United, yet they provided this benefit to one FFP member, FTer ua1flyer.

Indeed FFPs may not want people disclosing these extra special benefits.
By no means do we claim to be listing an exhaustive list of benefits including any possible unpublished ones (how would we even know what those are?). That is why we have the "nominate something else" option -- for people who want to nominate something we missed
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IBobi
By no means do we claim to be listing an exhaustive list of benefits including any possible unpublished ones (how would we even know what those are?). That is why we have the "nominate something else" option -- for people who want to nominate something we missed
Putting a set of options in place with a "oh and an anything else" option is going to skew the voting to those items which you felt should be voted for rather than an open thread of simply putting forward those which people may feel to be best

If not having an exhaustive knowledge of what the benefits are, why start trying to make certain items the ones to vote for?

Overall this seems crazy anyway if ending up with voting between schemes benefits and might as well have a vote of what is better , an apple or an orange
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:20 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
is that a benefit that is related to FF membership? also where is the flight 'cos that affects value
In my case it was purely related to my FF membership (and the high number of SCs earned in a short period of time).
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:22 am

As voting ends it says something to me that the highest voted option is Lifetime Status - are there really no actual benefits of membership anymore?

I would suggest that this entry should not be even have been on artibrary list imposed given that it is not a benefit of the programme but simply a status that is earned, has no expiry from which benefits are derived

Status provides benefits rather than is a benefit itself surely ?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

..Overall this seems crazy anyway if ending up with voting between schemes benefits and might as well have a vote of what is better , an apple or an orange
Nahh The QF ffp is a lemon
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
As voting ends it says something to me that the highest voted option is Lifetime Status - are there really no actual benefits of membership anymore?
The fact that QFF has more than 10 million members, this thread has 730 views, and there were only 12 votes says something to me about the benefits of the program in total.

The fact that 6 out of 10 million people believe Lifetime Status is the highest value option is neither here nor there.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:39 pm

That there were only 12 votes says something, however the 10 million number isn't really relevant since [a] there are probably a lot of members whose accounts are inactive ( how many people actually close QF accounts ) and [b] not all 10 million are FT members

It seems risible to me that with 6 votes out of 12 cast that it would even be carried forward to an overall voting; for any meaning at all, surely there should have to be a minimum number of votes cast imo

Then again, since the options were foist upon the voters by someone who admits that they do not have a full understanding of the benefits of the scheme probably doesn't help either
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
That there were only 12 votes says something, however the 10 million number isn't really relevant since [a] there are probably a lot of members whose accounts are inactive ( how many people actually close QF accounts ) and [b] not all 10 million are FT members
Agree on your (a) and (b) - I just cited the 10M number to put it in (perhaps hyperbolic) perspective.

If there had been 6000 or 600 or even 60 votes for the option, that might mean something, but 6 out of (whatever larger number) is not significant.
It seems risible to me that with 6 votes out of 12 cast that it would even be carried forward to an overall voting; for any meaning at all, surely there should have to be a minimum number of votes cast imo
Agree completely.
Then again, since the options were foist upon the voters by someone who admits that they do not have a full understanding of the benefits of the scheme probably doesn't help either
Are the polls for the other airlines any more reasonable? (Honest question - apart from EK I haven't looked at them, and don't know the ins and outs of the FFPs.)

EDIT: Okay, I looked. The EK choices looked reasonable; a total of 15 votes with 11 votes for one option and no votes for 5 of them. The SQ list (I was only ever Silver and only for a year) looked okay although some benefits were (I think) only for higher tiers; total of 12 votes with the winner getting 8.

The BA poll got 162 votes, although the top three options are pretty close (40, 38, 34 votes). UA got 208 votes with the top two getting 49 and 48 respectively.

What does all that mean? Dunno. But I think it means 6 votes doesn't say much about anything. (Nor does my one vote for another option that got 2 votes.)

Last edited by RadioGirl; Dec 22, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:37 pm

One thing I think it means ( to me ) is that someone with no deep knowledge of the FF scheme should not be putting the choices in. Much better would be to have a discussion over benefits by the members on the forum and then the options suggested be put to a vote
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
No offence, I generally do these polls, however when it originally said '1,000 point minimum' I didn't bother. When the choices aren't accurate, what's the point of voting?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:29 am

I remember it having the non existent benefit as an option

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.