Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Select on Q Eat - Economy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
I was not aware it had ever been available for First.

ISTR that when this was introduced for Business, it was noted that they were not doing it for First being THE premium service.
It was when 2 of us traveled in Feb, 2013 LAX-MEL in F in seats 2A/3A on 380. Preordered, and FA noted that we had preordered and knew what we had ordered. Maybe they just did it for a short time.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Getting the thread back on topic - with the imminent go-live of Select on Q-Eat for International Economy can I make a request that people post their pics here or on Airlinemeals.net please.

I found on there a trip that mirrored my last trip to Oz, out on EK, back on QF.

This was on the flagship QF1 route (or maybe it's a legacy route these days!). I'd read about people here complaining about how little food there was and they were right! After the EK flight out with trays that groaned with food, the QF offering was rather disappointing on such a long trip.

I know people complained about the QF side salads, but compare it to the "salads" served by EK and you see it's vastly different. Their salad is more like an entree before the main meal. The salad came in handy for the pulled beef mini rolls, sorry, "sliders". It added some vegetable content to the meal at least and help cut the sauce of the beef.

The catering out of Dubai wasn't particularly nice. The eggs would fall into the not great category. Edible, but not as nice as other airline egg dishes I've had.

Yes, I know there is the snack bar on board, but I was on the upper deck Y cabin. Luckily the FA told me I was allowed to open the gate and go down if I wanted, which I did several times. If it wasn't for that I would have gone very hungry during that trip.

With the new Q-Eat, I'm guessing it's only going to extend to the "main" meal on each sector on QF1 and similar flights? I truly hope this is actually an enhancement for Y pax in the true sense of the word and not what we've become accustomed to here.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:34 am

Anyone try the Miso Glazed Salmon on A388 DFW-SYD ? "Online Exclusive" for pre-order

In economy do you only get one meal ?
Attached Images  

Last edited by jmsnyc; Jul 14, 2017 at 10:41 am
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
On that flight you'll get what you order as well as breakfast. (Mid flight snacks are are distributed at various times as well.)
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
On that flight you'll get what you order as well as breakfast. (Mid flight snacks are are distributed at various times as well.)
Thanks for replying to all my questions on various threads ^

I've never flown longer than 7 hours.

I guess I'll try the Salmon =)
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:53 pm

Update:

(in economy)

I had the salmon. It was pretty good for economy airplane food. Since I preordered I got it prior to the other people near me being served. I also had the butter chicken as the FA was nice to bring me a 2nd helping once he made sure everyone else was served.

The warm snack was (possibly cream) cheese and tomato on toast. It was half a sandwich but was good.

I ordered the eggs breakfast which was ok. Super fatty, greasy, soggy hashbrowns. The fruit platter my neighbor got looked like the better choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.