Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status assessment date changed?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Platinum Medallion, QF - LTS, Hilton - Diamond, Bonvoy - Gold, IHG - Gold
Status assessment date changed?

So in coming close to the end of my membership year, and am very very close to reach the 1200 SC required to retain WP status.

I logged into OFF website early this week and noticed that my summary Page had my status reassessment date as 30/11/2015... I thought this was awesome as QF must have generously given me another year with getting to the 1200 SC. (My reassessment date in reality is 30/11/2014) As I had a couple more domestic flights booked to travel Prior to the end of the month this wasn't completely unreasonable.

Imagine my surprise when I log in this morning and am greeted with the new look website and am told I still need 180 SC by the end of the month to requalify.. (the notes about which had disappeared from my summary Page before the new site was launched)..

I'm a little annoyed as I've missed an opportunity to upgrade a trip to get a few more SC which would've pushed me over the line.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it worth calling QFF to see if I'm already good for another year or if I need to upgrade my next trip to make it?

Interested in everyone's comments.
Cheers Oz
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it says you need 180 SCs , I would say that you will have to earn the remaining 180SCs - I wouldn't class that as being very close tbh though

When you talk about upgrading, I assume you mean upgrade by purchasing a ticket in a higher cabin and not upgrading using FF miles?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Platinum Medallion, QF - LTS, Hilton - Diamond, Bonvoy - Gold, IHG - Gold
@Dave I agree that 180 is a fair gap, but I have 120 SC in flights already ticketed to travel in the next 2 weeks, so the "gap" is really 60SC hence my initial thoughts..

And yes I will upgrade one of my upcoming flights from Flexi to Bus..(paid not miles) Only a couple of hundred $$ to do so, which I don't object to.

I am still annoyed that the site previously represented that I'd already made it. If I'd not logged on again and assumed that was right, I'd have been downgraded ...

Perhaps they realised it looked like a dictionary version of " enhancement" and as such changed their mind ��
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I would suggest you have been comped if that was what you saw.

To make sure, the old page may still be available - use this link: This is for the old page and for now still works: Frequent Flyer

ozvirginuk - if you have any doubt I suggest you call - and ask for nothing more than the date your status would next be reassessed or when your current status is due to expire.

FWIW, going on recent experience, You should are like to get a new card in the mail over the next week or two.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 9, 2014 at 5:57 am
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does the area showing your status credit count show what your Membership Anniversary is?

Other than that, I don't see any harm in giving QFF a call and asking what the story is!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
QF may have considered your forward bookings. Have you cancelled or changed any of them? I believe this is generally an automatic process.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Even if you might be able to be given an extension without meeting the target, I would suggest that if you can meet the target it will make it more likely to be given an extension another time where you might not make it
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If the site definitly indicated "status reassessment date as 30/11/2015" then the OP has been extended ("comped") and a new card should arrive in the mail shortly.

This can be checked using the link I gave or by calling.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies all, and thanks Serfty for the link to the "old" site.

I just spoke to the Platinum line and they have confirmed that I am good to go until end Nov 2015. Which is fantastic. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I've already booked enough travel for 2015 to requalify for Platinum next year (Wedding/honeymoon trip in F will do it!!).

This is why I love Qantas I guess... They obviously value loyalty. Or at least mine...

Oz
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: QF Plat, ICHG Plat
As stated you have probably been comped which by all reports is a "once only" so I would still go for the 1200 and save the potential (but who knows the future) comp for when you might need it in the future.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Little update, I received my new QF WP card in the post today and it's valid until end 2015. I'm having a good week with Qantas as I also got an unexpected upgrade to J as I was boarding my 0600 flight to Melbourne on Wednesday....
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Obviously not a good thing if the ability to see this 'benefit' has disappeared from the new site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.