Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Data point: You don't need 4 ~ to be comped WP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:49 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

A family member has also been a long time WP however was extremely short on SCs in their membership year for medical reasons.

They contacted QF who agreed to comp another year on compassionate grounds, however I thought the 4 segments were always a requirement. It appears that this is not the case as they only had 2.

Lots of forward bookings in F on EK with QF flight members may have also helped.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:44 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by m0hamed

Lots of forward bookings in F on EK with QF flight members may have also helped.
A bit of an understatement IMHO.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:56 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by og
A bit of an understatement IMHO.
They said they factor in length of WP membership, revenue generated and forward bookings.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
They said they factor in length of WP membership, revenue generated and forward bookings.
And with "lots of forward bookings in F" getting them almost all the way back to WP then it appears to be cheap loyalty.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I received comped WP based on no flights, no forward bookings, but around 10 years of WP, so was a nice guesture with very little downside to QF. As I had already moved to BAEC GGL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.