Wiki Posts
Search

QF128 Sat 13/Dec A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
QF128 Sat 13/Dec A380

I'm ticketed on this flight for Business.
When assigning seats I see that F seats are available for selection, but all greyed out.

They no longer have F on this route, but I guess because of holiday season they are running the A380 instead of 747.

Does anyone know if I am too late to grab a F-seat or they are just blocked?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 2:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-axes-...dney-hong-kong

As of September 29 flights QF127/128 will be flown only by the older Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets, except for 11 December 2014 to 26 January 2015 when an A380 returns onto the daily roster to handle higher demand during the holiday period.

...Given that Qantas will no longer sell first class on the Sydney-Hong Kong route once the Boeing 747s take over, many top-tier frequent flyers booked into the A380s business class will find themselves upgrades to the A380's first class cabin.

They'll still receive standard business class meals and service but will enjoy them from the comfy confines of the superjumbo's 14 first class suites.
I'm not sure if QF is the same as CX in this regard, but when CX operates a 4-class plane but only sells 3-classes (Y/PE/J), F will only be accessible by status.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

the 1st class cabin is showing as being defined as business class

All bar 2 seats are showing as blocked at the moment
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
the 1st class cabin is showing as being defined as business class

All bar 2 seats are showing as blocked at the moment
All seats grey for me
I even called QF and the person said that they only had access to row 11 onwards.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

FYI, for anyone travelling in the future on A380 to HK.

I called up QF call centre and they gave me crappy answers... just says lower deck is full.

I'm at SYD first lounge and ask the more helpful front desk.
So the answer I got is that lower deck is not available until day before the flight.
The system will allocate the seats based on Chairman Lounge -> P1 -> Plat etc.

Based on pure luck for me then...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by redslert
I'm at SYD first lounge and ask the more helpful front desk.
So the answer I got is that lower deck is not available until day before the flight.
The system will allocate the seats based on Chairman Lounge -> P1 -> Plat etc.
Thanks for that. Much as I expected. I'll put this to the test in a few months time.

I've learnt to go for CX on HKG-SYD after QF's terribly slow cabin service (2 hrs before anything appears - in J). QF gets its last chance. I hope things are now better. But, if my SC balance is right for requalification, I might be switching back to CX anyway.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Fingers crossed my QF128 over the Christmas break gives me F for the price of J. :-)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:05 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Fingers crossed my QF128 over the Christmas break gives me F for the price of J. :-)
At best it will be F seat with J service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.