Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Aircraft Madness and QF Customer Care Ignorance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP

OK so there may be a little bit of melodramatic but I am hoping more that someone smarter than me can advise exactly what happened here!

So a couple of months back I flew Gladstone - Brisbane - Perth checking in at GLT and getting boarding passes for both legs. Nothing unusual there.

Landing in BNE off QF2301 I went to the J lounge for a beer to await QF597, nothing new there either!

On boarding my boarding pass for seat 23D was scanned and I boarded. Still nothing new....

However when I went the short walk to my seat I realised that my seat did not exist! Aircraft sub saw a Domestic A330 replace the scheduled service.

With J full no chance of an upgrade (fine) so I was offered 26E. A middle seat is not really an option, but a glance around the curtain saw a 130KG mass in the D seat and 2/3 of E so I asked what their next option was!

CSM came back with a new boarding pass and told me they had found seat 55H available so I made my way back only to realise that H much like 23D does not exist.

Take 3 saw 55J and K offered. My third stroll rear revealed every single pair filled and me looking like an unscheduled night in Brisbane and an ensuing unscheduled divorce! Alas 55J was occupied by a cockroach and a bright light in his eye sent him scurrying back to 54E where he belonged.

I asked the CSM how they managed to give me 2 boarding passes for seats that did not exist and she said she honestly could not answer.

So I sent Customer Case an email asking two questions:

1) the above
2) why was I not paged in the lounge or phoned when they knew I would likely be there (as I had checked baggage and a connection)

Automated response of "we will respond in 15 business days" received and I waited 20 days before 18 days ago asking for an update and still hearing nothing.

Is the answer that they don't know, or don't care?

This is not a DYKHIA moment, though I think I would be entitled to have one! More a genuine concern that had the flight been otherwise full I would have been stuck in BNE and fuming, at which point I can assure you I would have had a DYKHIA moment!

The kicker was in the lounge I looked at the loadings and there were 6 J seats left, I tossed up an upgrade but decided given I didn't plan to eat (the fish and coleslaw roles did me) and I had a bulkhead I would hold the 10,000 points.....

At the end of the day given the issue impacted a maximum of 8 people, I would have thought a little effort could have gone into contacting us to ensure that we were a) informed and b) able to select a suitable chair prior to most people checking in and doing the same. After all had I known I would most certainly have been one of the 6 who took ODU's

So given QF clearly couldn't give a toss I was wondering if, as posed above, one of you very astute people can offer an insight into how my predicament occurred?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
As you have probably seen, lot's of frustration at QF Customer (Don't)Care response times over on AFF. I am wondering if the team has been massively downsized or offshored. They used to be quite good and now don't even respond to Plats.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: QFF

prod the @qantas twitter account
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Himeno
prod the @qantas twitter account
If I had a twitter account I would!!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
As you have probably seen, lot's of frustration at QF Customer (Don't)Care response times over on AFF. I am wondering if the team has been massively downsized or offshored. They used to be quite good and now don't even respond to Plats.
Agree.

Personally unlike others I don't want any "compensation" from them, I want an explanation as to how on two occasions I was allocated non existent seats!

The CSM and Pilot himself both paid great (and given where I was sitting) unnecessary and embarrassing attention to me in flight, however they couldn't explain it. They mentioned that I was fairly calm, I assured them I was only calm because I was on the plane!

It comes back to their over promise and under deliver attitude though, if you are not going to respond in 15 days don't say you will. I couldn't care if I was a NB, if I have taken the time to write and ticked the "please respond" box it isn't unreasonable to expect a response!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by seat_4D
If I had a twitter account I would!!
Originally Posted by seat_4D
Agree.

Personally unlike others I don't want any "compensation" from them, I want an explanation as to how on two occasions I was allocated non existent seats!

The CSM and Pilot himself both paid great (and given where I was sitting) unnecessary and embarrassing attention to me in flight, however they couldn't explain it. They mentioned that I was fairly calm, I assured them I was only calm because I was on the plane!

It comes back to their over promise and under deliver attitude though, if you are not going to respond in 15 days don't say you will. I couldn't care if I was a NB, if I have taken the time to write and ticked the "please respond" box it isn't unreasonable to expect a response!
When I wasn't getting a response from Customer Care last year, I made contact with Red Roo (official QF Lurker) on AFF. S/he got things moving for me - I soon received an apologetic phone call from a Customer Care person and some action followed shortly afterwards.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:30 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Or send a message to Red Roo here on FT who should respond within a decent time frame.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Red Roo doesn't frequently frequent these corridors any more...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Red Roo doesn't frequently frequent these corridors any more...
It's possible Red Roo has a PM email notice set up.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Himeno
It's possible Red Roo has a PM email notice set up.
has not answered a PM from me in 2 years....
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
has not answered a PM from me in 2 years....
Perhaps he has been promoted into Customer Care.....
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
One word: bizarre!!

Regards,

BD
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:31 pm

It's like watching a self-immolation at QF nowadays.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Update....

After 3 prods to Customer Don't Care I received an email today.

The email states that a "last minute" aircraft sub meant my seat didn't exist, and I was issued a new boarding pass, and thanked me for my patience and ongoing support.

Did not answer how I was able to board with a boarding pass for a non existent chair.

Did not answer how I was allocated another non existent chair.

Did not answer why I was not contacted when the aircraft was subbed.

All they did was confirm exactly what I told them happening without offering any insight as to why or how.

I feel so valued

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.