Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Novice Qantas flyer have questions within country flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;

Already booked my one way award from mia - lax will overnight, then las - mia (could only get economy - although watching for 2 business or first and will jump if I see it).

But I also have to book for late march/early April when I'm in country. ADL-MEL and MEL-SYD (and eventually after my cruise SYD back to MIA). I may just have cruiseline book that I'll pay if I'm going to be in coach anyway may as well get those points.

So back to in country. The prices seem pretty reasonable. Very short flights. Or I can book for 10K coach, or 17.5 first. I have plenty of miles so if its worth 15K extra miles for two of us in first to get our baggage free, maynot be an issue. Just need some, what would you do?

Will we be charged for our baggage within country if I'm a one world Sapphire now and maybe even Emerald by the end of the year.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by trekker954
But I also have to book for late march/early April when I'm in country. ADL-MEL and MEL-SYD ...

So back to in country. The prices seem pretty reasonable. Very short flights. Or I can book for 10K coach, or 17.5 first. I have plenty of miles so if its worth 15K extra miles for two of us in first to get our baggage free, maynot be an issue. Just need some, what would you do?

Will we be charged for our baggage within country if I'm a one world Sapphire now and maybe even Emerald by the end of the year.
If you're booking Qantas mainline ADL-MEL and MEL-SYD, there's no first class; you're probably looking at business class.

Where have you been getting your cash prices from? Booking through the Qantas website can often get you cheaper fares than are available from any US-based channel because the Qantas website will sell the cheap fares that are technically for sale only in Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific. If that's where you've been seeing the cash fares, then you're unlikely to do any better elsewhere.

Whether it's a cash ticket or an award ticket, wehther you're in economy or business class, and whether you do or don't have frequent flyer status, you'll get an inclusive baggage allowance on Qantas mainline. More information here: http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...mestic-flights. If you're Emerald by the time you fly, you'll get an extra free bag on top of the published allowance, AIUI.

It's your call whether using miles is better for you than using cash. It isn't going to make any difference to your inclusive baggage allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.