Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas award on EK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Emirates didnt announce a delay even at check in or when i entered the lounge. When I was in the EK lounge the schedule wasn't updated. I only knew I was going to mis connect when I typed in google ek412 in the lounge and it said 48 mins delayed and I went to the officers in the lounge who told me to call qantas and rebook my flights.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:19 pm

Once check in occurs for a flight the itinerary is the responsibility of the operating carrier. QF cannot touch the reservation unless EK unload the passenger and it's not past the departure time (some airlines require T-4 hours). EK may manage the rebooking process but QF will need to be involved as a ticketing agent, this may happen behind the curtain without the involvement of the traveller.

The EK lounge agent seem to be misinformed.

Moving forward from that. The passenger turned up to the airport and checked in. The responsibility lies with the operating carrier. There isn't documentation to back this up I'm aware of, nor is it required to claim compensation (if any).

Can't think of any restitution that QF or QFF would be liable for.

My only worry is the return leg of the ticket (if bought like so) because unless QF got onboard to reissue the ticket with FJ flights, the ticket might have been voided as no show consequently cancelling the return leg NAN-SYD.

Last edited by edy4eva; Aug 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
That's interesting . I brought two one way tickets tho so the return is safe and still showing as confirmed I rang both Fiji airways and Emirates today to confirm our tickets.

Lucky I wasn't stuck in some unknown countries and had to try to contact Qantas to help me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.