Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

best Qantas (or OneWorld) J lounge in Australia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best Qantas (or OneWorld) J lounge in Australia?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
Originally Posted by m0hamed
BNE has a QF F Lounge, but by all reports it's a shoe cupboard...
I never knew that, considering QF has never advertised that they did have one there, its always MEL & SYD's F lounges featured with Marc Newson.

Originally Posted by italdesign
Due to schedule change, one of us is going to fly out of SYD and the other MEL. Going to KUL on MH. Would we be allowed to use the QF international J lounge in SYD and MEL with our MH J BP? I think the answer is yes, but just to double check.
In MEL, MH has its own lounge, but yes you can as per OW rules use the QF J lounge instead, but if it gets too busy in the QF lounge, they might insist you use the MH one - you can hop over and check CX if you want to considering the timetables are similar, but I wouldn't waste my time.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 3:39 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...unge/global/en
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by soorox
I never knew that, considering QF has never advertised that they did have one there, its always MEL & SYD's F lounges featured with Marc Newson.
The BNE lounges long predates the Newson lounges at MEL and SYD, and is similar to the AKL lounges. Think woodpanel mid 90's decor.

As far as a "First" lounge goes its a smaller room off the the left of the reception desk - slightly better catering than the Business lounges.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Going to check out the Melbourne Qantas lounge this weekend and will report back with a Trip Report! Looking good!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
OP reporting back. While the QF J lounge MEL may be better than the MH lounge overall, it is severely lacking in power outlets. The food was comparable in both, and I enjoyed the day bed in the MH lounge (on which I'm composing this post). Not sure if MH has shower, but QF had a bunch. So depends on what you need, I don't see QF as the clear winner. Note, I don't care about alcohol.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
What is Qantas/Emerits J lounge in Perth like? we are flying Adelaide-Perth-Dubai-LHR in December.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by gezza48
What is Qantas/Emerits J lounge in Perth like? we are flying Adelaide-Perth-Dubai-LHR in December.
Qantas J lounge - Woeful.
EX Lounge - better than average
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by gezza48
I thought the QF J lounge in PER Intl was new? I recall it being pretty good (and much better than the SQ lounge)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by seat_4D
Qantas J lounge - Woeful.
EX Lounge - better than average
Originally Posted by ermen
I thought the QF J lounge in PER Intl was new? I recall it being pretty good (and much better than the SQ lounge)
Interesting, posted only a few minutes apart.

Dave
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta
Interesting, posted only a few minutes apart.

Dave
why is that interesting?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by ermen
I am sure it was new once, it isn't new anymore!

The Intl J lounge is far worse than the Perth QP. The Perth QP, since Darwin opened their new one, is the worst of the 7 domestic QP lounges I have been in!

It is tiny, it is sparse, it has nothing really going for it other than it is better than the rest of what is an embarrassing interntional airport.

SQ's lounge is possibly worse, it is smaller, but other than that same same.

EK have a good lounge. If I have a choice I would walk the additional 6 steps required every time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.