Wiki Posts
Search

best place to complain?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I agree it's not a good way of retaining customers especially when they are not exactly everybody's favourite carrier (or their fares are particularly competitive). It would have won them a bit more custom if they had said they would have to see what they could do because it was outside the booking window so they couldn't guarantee it, but made an arrangement anyway. That would have worked out better for QF, I suspect.

Still, failure to do that doesn't make it a valid ground for complaint IMO.
I think it's a pretty valid complaint, I wouldn't have done it in the same way the OP did but I still would have told them how disappointing it is especially for those travelling on business, who may have meetings etc, to have a 48 hour booking requirement. Especially these days when I can see on Uber there are around 6 black cars available within 2-4 minutes of me.

I guess I'd phrase it as constructive feeback. It's amazing how much you can get people to do for you when you're polite.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Yes the 48 hour time limit is in the T&C. But it wouldn't hurt to have a reference to the 48 hour booking limit on the Chauffeur Drive page in a foot note, like it does with applicable flights .... along with reference to the fact that it can only booked on flights ticketed by Qantas.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:26 am

Programs: QF LTG, TG *P, IHG P
best place to complain?

I'm at a loss as to why when the flight is booked that the car isn't also automatically booked. It would seem logical to me that the lead times for the flight & the car bookings should be identical.

When I used to send feedback to QF (both +ve & -ve) I would write to the CEO at the QF Mascot address. James Strong always replied & Geoff Dixon never replied. I haven't written to the current incumbent as I stopped flying QF some years ago & now fly with more customer focused airlines.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gaia
I'm at a loss as to why when the flight is booked that the car isn't also automatically booked. It would seem logical to me that the lead times for the flight & the car bookings should be identical.
Not everyone will want a car
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by bensyd
I guess I'd phrase it as constructive feeback. It's amazing how much you can get people to do for you when you're polite.
Over the years I've found that it's inversely proportional to how high up the food chain someone is. Be nice to the receptionists and PA's and you can get all sorts of things done. At the other end of the spectrum, you often need to yell at the country GM or division manager in order for them to get off their arse and do anything. It's the middle management that I still find a challenge, although the polite leading/hanging question approach is working reasonably well for me.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not everyone will want a car
+1 - a seriously flawed and impractical suggestion. I think "customer focused" is often confused with "just give me whatever I want".
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:14 am

Maybe better if the default could be car booking & deleted if not needed? And customer focused is certainly giving the customer what they want, otherwise why would the customer want your product? Which is exactly why QF has become pretty well irrelevant internationally.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:44 am

best place to complain?

What more can be said?

http://m.theage.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-aims-to-slash-1-billion-from-cost-of-international-operations-20140817-1051cm.html
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
http://m.theage.com.au/business/avia...17-1051cm.html
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:01 am

best place to complain?

"Dave Noble" & "BadgerBoi" the best place to complain is revenue to QF. It's worked. QF is terminal & everyone except you two know it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Maybe better if the default could be car booking & deleted if not needed?
There's no incentive for the passenger to cancel the car if not needed so lots of cars will just be sent on ghost jobs.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:22 am

best place to complain?

It's not as though it might be a significant cost. Car $100 or so, flight $5,000+?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by thadocta
Quote:

What more can be said?

Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
gaia - in your original post with the URL for The Age article, you had not embedded the URL as a hyperlink, I fixed that for you.

Dave
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe better if the default could be car booking & deleted if not needed? And customer focused is certainly giving the customer what they want, otherwise why would the customer want your product? Which is exactly why QF has become pretty well irrelevant internationally.
It is imo silly to book a car for someone before knowing whether they want it. Of the times I have flown with airlines that offer Chauffeurs ( Cathay , Emirates and Continental ) none has had a default state of booking a car; all have required that the passenger actually request it

If forcing the booking to be made, I doubt that many would go off and explicity delete a car should it have been booked for them yet not wanted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.