Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best place to complain?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
So the OP's main hope is the DYKHIA approach. Good luck!
It is a DYKIA issue. The passenger was outside the booking period for the chauffeur drive option. I don't see what stamping feet will likely achieve

If the poster wants to quit using Qantas, that is indeed their choice, but it isn't uncommon for airlines to say no to requests when there is no entitlement to them, so likely to have the same issue with terms being applied should a switch to another airline be done
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
QF and EK requires 48 hours notice as said above.

Maybe you should switch all your travel to Etihad, their chauffeur drive only requires 24 hours notice.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by roogirl
Anyone who can give me Joyce's office contacts would be great, am just so over everything being so difficult with qantas.
http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=10287

QF head office
+61 (02) 9691 3636

Qantas Airways
10 Bourke Road
Mascot NSW 2020
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It is a DYKIA issue. The passenger was outside the booking period for the chauffeur drive option. I don't see what stamping feet will likely achieve
I agree with that, although I'm not sure DYKIA stands for. More like IDKWTCS (I didn't know what the terms and conditions said) and while I have some sympathy towards the OP if the T&C is not very clear, since it looks like other people have been able to quickly find the 48 hour booking window rule and there is nothing ambiguous about it, I do not think the OP would get very far with her complaint.

It sounds like it's better to use the effort for something else than complaining to Qantas about this issue.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:56 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
In writing, yes.

In reality, no.

I have booked several flights F with EK within 24 hours and managed to call EK and get a car in SYD to the airport and ex DXB.

FYI the supplier receives a daily download from EK at 9AM EST of the later departures that day. The EK call centre supervisor even called to confirm the vehicle had arrived as I was en route to the airport.

QF, however, will not budge IME.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Rather than focusing on the chaufeurr issue, roogirl what are your other issues with QF that has caused you to stop using them?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m0hamed
In writing, yes.

In reality, no.

I have booked several flights F with EK within 24 hours and managed to call EK and get a car in SYD to the airport and ex DXB.

FYI the supplier receives a daily download from EK at 9AM EST of the later departures that day. The EK call centre supervisor even called to confirm the vehicle had arrived as I was en route to the airport.

QF, however, will not budge IME.
There is nothing that indicates that the OP was in 1st class anyway and I do know of EK not waiving for business passengers

Regardless, what EK may do is irrelevent here; the OP requested the service outside the booking time and it was declined. There is no grounds for complaint any more than there would be grounds to complain if the airline refused to refund a non-refundable ticket
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
I am wondering if a key issue here might be the (lack of) transparency of the 48 hour booking requirement for the regular QF passenger. I have booked the CD service through the website numerous times and have never noticed the requirement to make my car reservation 48 hours prior to flight departure.

While it seems like the T&Cs are quite clear on this, should regular pax need to consult T&Cs before using every service?

I believe a separate issue is the existence of the 48+ hour requirement, which seems excessive in this day and age.

tb
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I agree with that, although I'm not sure DYKIA stands for. More like IDKWTCS (I didn't know what the terms and conditions said) and while I have some sympathy towards the OP if the T&C is not very clear, since it looks like other people have been able to quickly find the 48 hour booking window rule and there is nothing ambiguous about it, I do not think the OP would get very far with her complaint.

It sounds like it's better to use the effort for something else than complaining to Qantas about this issue.
T&C's aside, how hard is it honestly to arrange a car within 48 hours? I can understand from a planning perspective they want as much forward notice as possible, but unless there was a genuine case of no cars available, waving the T&C's in front of a customer and saying "sorry, too hard" doesn't seem like the best way to run a service business.

They could even just give them an Uber voucher or something.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
This is, whilst quite trivial, both costing me actual money in booking replacement cabs, and quite frankly the straw that has broken the camel's back. I will not be flying qantas anymore, and will be withdrawing all corporate business from them too.
Welcome to the club of ex-QFF members! I'm still impressed (but no longer annoyed! ) by just how consistently QF aims for that level of just a bit below the average in so many areas. I'm genuinely impressed that anyone would design a service that has a 48 hour turnaround these days - especially given they should be able to automate the entire process - and think that was "customer service".

The final straw that caused me to leave QFF behind, was when they cancelled a flight, stuck me on another flight in a different seat (ignoring that I'd paid for a specific seat already), and then charged me a change fee when I tried to get back on the flight and same seat when it re-appeared in the schedule. As a non-Oz resident it was an easy decision once I realized the possibilities (thank you, FT) - going over to AA's programme was the best move possible.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Here's an idea for QF: Keep the 48 hr rule for CD (I assume because of a clause in the Contract with the service provider), and then for those seeking CD at T<48 hrs, just give 'em a CabCharge voucher up to $xx. Not as nice to ride in a crappy Falcon taxi as opposed to something Euro and painted black, but its better than nothing.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:33 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
There is nothing that indicates that the OP was in 1st class anyway and I do know of EK not waiving for business passengers

Regardless, what EK may do is irrelevent here; the OP requested the service outside the booking time and it was declined. There is no grounds for complaint any more than there would be grounds to complain if the airline refused to refund a non-refundable ticket
It's not irrelevant. Several posters said QF and EK stick to the 48 hour rule. MY post indicates that this is not the case. Other posters may find the EK leniency of benefit.

FWIW, even one of these flights was a QF award on EK metal.

I agree that the OP is irrational.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
I actually said to her "just to be clear, you are prepared to lose a customer over not ringing up for a car" and she said, "yes, we'll take your feedback on board though".
To be fair to the Supervisor, they probably hear that threat 1000 times a day. Did you actually cancel the QF Booking - I'm guessing you've flown from the timeline - who did you finally fly with and how was their car service?

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by BD1959
...who did you finally fly with and how was their car service?

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by bensyd
T&C's aside, how hard is it honestly to arrange a car within 48 hours? I can understand from a planning perspective they want as much forward notice as possible, but unless there was a genuine case of no cars available, waving the T&C's in front of a customer and saying "sorry, too hard" doesn't seem like the best way to run a service business.
I agree it's not a good way of retaining customers especially when they are not exactly everybody's favourite carrier (or their fares are particularly competitive). It would have won them a bit more custom if they had said they would have to see what they could do because it was outside the booking window so they couldn't guarantee it, but made an arrangement anyway. That would have worked out better for QF, I suspect.

Still, failure to do that doesn't make it a valid ground for complaint IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.