? About First class Lounge at LAX

Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Amex Plat, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
? About First class Lounge at LAX

Hi All,
I'm in first leaving tomorrow night from LAX. When I called Qantas they said that they have a spa in the lounge. However the info I read online is that the new lounge isn't ready. Does anybody know if they do have a spa at LAX. And if so, will they call me today to book any appointments? Or, does anyone have the direct number to the lounge that I can call them? Thank you!
Sagtravelgal

BTW: This is my first time flying in First class internationally! I'm so excited!!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by sagtravelgal
Hi All,
I'm in first leaving tomorrow night from LAX. When I called Qantas they said that they have a spa in the lounge. However the info I read online is that the new lounge isn't ready. Does anybody know if they do have a spa at LAX. And if so, will they call me today to book any appointments? Or, does anyone have the direct number to the lounge that I can call them? Thank you!
Sagtravelgal

BTW: This is my first time flying in First class internationally! I'm so excited!!
YES, the new Business/First lounge at LAX TBIT is open. The QF website show a direct number of +1-310-348-0750, and it works (I just tried it.) The old OW Lounge location will re-open is early 2015 as the OW FIRST lounge (according to the lady I spoke with just now.) Until then - a new combined lounge, in a new location from the old OW lounge. (I didn't ask where - I sure the signs for the old location are down and the new one up.)
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
YES, the new Business/First lounge at LAX TBIT is open. The QF website show a direct number of +1-310-348-0750, and it works (I just tried it.) The old OW Lounge location will re-open is early 2015 as the OW FIRST lounge (according to the lady I spoke with just now.) Until then - a new combined lounge, in a new location from the old OW lounge. (I didn't ask where - I sure the signs for the old location are down and the new one up.)
But qantas.com lists a separate FIRST lounge at LAX now. Is this wrong?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by fly747first
But qantas.com lists a separate FIRST lounge at LAX now. Is this wrong?
Yes, according to the woman I spoke with just now. You can certainly try calling yourself. Of course, it is possible the new location is sub-divided into two like the old LW lounge was, but she specifically said "There is currently no First Lounge. The old location you are familiar with is being renovated and will re-open as the first lounge in early 2015." Almost a direct quote... I believe I read more on this in another thread on this board...

This may help. And a whole thread on the topic here.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Jul 27, 2014 at 11:35 am
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There is only the current 400 seat business section open into "next year" for all PAX.

After that the 200 seats First section will open in the old *O lounge area as well as an additional 200 seat expansion to the Business lounge

Note that the current set up can get extremely crowded, to such as an extent Qantas are sending their non statused economy booked "Qantas Club" members away (providing alternate lounge/$50 voucher).

Last edited by serfty; Jul 27, 2014 at 6:28 pm
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
As noted above, there is currently no First Lounge, as the old Business Lounges and First Lounges are being remodelled.

I also don't believe that QF has said there will be a spa (albeit plans on the first lounge are a bit quiet)
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-pushe...lounge-to-2015
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moa999
As noted above, there is currently no First Lounge, as the old Business Lounges and First Lounges are being remodelled.

I also don't believe that QF has said there will be a spa (albeit plans on the first lounge are a bit quiet)
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-pushe...lounge-to-2015
That's beyond unacceptable. Given the drastic difference in fares between F and J, at the very least QF should curtain off a section of the current lounge for F pax only.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's beyond unacceptable. Given the drastic difference in fares between F and J, at the very least QF should curtain off a section of the current lounge for F pax only.
Why? It is no different to any other airport where there is no 1st class lounge
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:25 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
That's beyond unacceptable. ....
The new J lounge at LAX is considerably nicer than the old F lounge was so it is actually an upgrade Eventually there will be a new F lounge, even better than the new J lounge, but that is years away on TBIT construction time (I think every single lounge build has been more than a year late, and the T4 lounges were 3 years late to complete with QF required to pay many millions to finally open them up when AA ran out of money a decade or so ago -- hence QF having a Qantas Club in T4 and not in TBIT ).
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Huh? There's very little construction in the greater scheme of things given the "New" *O Fist lounge is using space that previously was occupied by the *A and *O lounges on that floor.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Qantas
I was there last week - the F lounge is closed and will not reopen til January (let's see...).

The new lounge is upstairs as you come onto the concourse where the gates are. It was absolutely JAM PACKED. The good news is you get the nice(r than BA) Q food, the bad news is you "only" get J beverages (so no proper champagne) and they had run out of pretty much everything (food-wise) as it is so busy. I could barely get a seat. Crazy.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by serfty
Huh? There's very little construction in the greater scheme of things given the "New" *O Fist lounge is using space that previously was occupied by the *A and *O lounges on that floor.
Given the pace of construction at LAX, I was under the impression that they only have seven builders available in total. And three of them always call in sick each day. HTH.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why? It is no different to any other airport where there is no 1st class lounge
But LAX is a key market for QF and if its partner AA can manage to have a decent lounge exclusively for F guests, there is absolutely no excuse for QF not to.

To me, QF deserves its embarrassing financial troubles because you don't always need a lot of money to make slight improvements. If the current lounge is so overcrowded as reported by other flyers, it's not going to kill QF's budget to curtain off a section of the lounge for F guests only instead of filling it with Oneworld Sapphire guests flying Y. Perhaps QF should spend some time at the HKG Royal Orchid Lounge--the F section is curtained off and doesn't have as many amenities as the J side, but at least it is consistently nice and quiet.

God, I wish that a third airline besides QF and UA offered F non-stop between the US and Australia.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's not Qantas's lounge but a general One World lounge being managed by Qantas. The same situation applies to those flying Cathay Pacific ( or other OW airlines ) out of that terminal in LAX

There is a 1st class lounge due to open in a few months

With any airline, there is only 1st class lounge access where a 1st class lounge exists. Los Angeles isn't any more special than say Dallas/Fort Worth where even AA has no 1st class lounge and where QF will be operating services with 1st class soon ( iirc )
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 pm
tt7

In the LAX lounge tonight for the first time. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The place is crowded and when you walk in, noticeably smells. The chairs are a complete mish-mash - looks like they bought them from 15 different places. The vast majority appear to have no power points. Very hard to find anywhere decent to sit. Finally spotted power points (and spare seats) by the "fire pit". Mercifully, it's not on (it's July...) so just looks rather silly. If you sit there, there's nowhere to put a drink - except on the floor. Who designs these places? Why didn't they just clone the Singapore lounge, which, based on my 10+ or so visits to it in the past year, is vastly better. The first class lounge can't open soon enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.